News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Hansmeister

Sorry guys, my daughter has a stomach flu and has been sucking up all my time.

Viking

In a rather uneventful session from 1528 to 1564 not much happened, that austria could see. Apart from DGuller raping portugal and aragon, Habbaku doing more anal rape of the mameluks, katmai inhereting brittany, berkut diploannexing scotland, me adding more provinces and vassals in the HRE as well as passing two more reforms and sweden getting the spanish provinces sold, taking most of norway, but unfortunately losing finland to a revolt.

The Hapsburgs had miserlly monarchs (usually with at least two 3s and 4s as stats), but we got ourselves out of Religious turmoil. Provinces added Luneburg, Lubeck, Wurtemburg, Konstanz, Illyria and Treviso. Badboy now back at near zero.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Berkut

A much better session than the first for England.

Still a bit of a mess though - have a regency council, with an incredibly weak heir when it is over, with a weak claim.

A nice war with Portugal - I only grabbed a couple provinces from them, since I had no conquest CB and could not afford the infamy hit to take more, but the war itself pretty much threw their NA empire into turmoil, and they ended up losing several others back to the Injuns.

Scotland was finally annexed, so we should see GB in just another 50 years or so once I get a core.

I am a whore for missions. Whats that, you want me to colonize some god forsaken frozen tundra that is utterly useless! No problem, I am on it! :bleeding:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

We all need to gang up on the Ming. They are running away with the game.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 07:35:41 AM
A much better session than the first for England.

Still a bit of a mess though - have a regency council, with an incredibly weak heir when it is over, with a weak claim.

A nice war with Portugal - I only grabbed a couple provinces from them, since I had no conquest CB and could not afford the infamy hit to take more, but the war itself pretty much threw their NA empire into turmoil, and they ended up losing several others back to the Injuns.

Scotland was finally annexed, so we should see GB in just another 50 years or so once I get a core.

I am a whore for missions. Whats that, you want me to colonize some god forsaken frozen tundra that is utterly useless! No problem, I am on it! :bleeding:

So that's why you were colonizing random spots in Canada.  I thought you were trying to get to Barrister's Yukon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Sweden has an impressive amount of infamy.

So, how do I increase my legit, other than by not banging the kitchen maids?

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 09:54:47 AM

Accept Hapsburg Brides :contract:  :menace:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Agelastus

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 09:54:47 AM

Spend culture for a grand marshal would be the best bet in SP. I assume the same holds true for MP.

And Ming's tech sucks, especially after about 1600. Since I assume none of you are playing them they can be easily crushed and forced to release Wu, Xia and Qin. I do that every single player game... :menace:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Cultural tradition is broken in the latest patch.  They took away cultural tradition for the placed merchants, but replaced it with nothing in return.  As a result, most countries get a pittance without a NI.  Castille currently has 1.5%, for example.

Berkut

Yeah, my CT is usually around 10% or something.

0 rows returned