News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

That was quite an interesting session, not least of which because it saw the near-immediate creation of the HRE due to Viking's release of a bunch of vassals to get the Imperial Authority necessary...and then saw the HRE torn to pieces by the successful coalition against her.

For reference :

The HRE at the height of her power :

After the war, and after Viking decided he didn't wish to abide by the peace and leave the German minors alone :
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

More screens of interest.  Anyone that wants any other information should feel free to ask.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Viking, I may have said that I did not care about German issues, and that's true. Forming the HRE, however, is not merely a German issue. Had Europe let that stand long enough for you to consolidate your rule, there would have been no stopping you.

I intervened to protect the balance of power. Your brand new possessions in the Baltic were also very troubling, and a direct threat to Russia.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

I'm sorry habbaku, but I'll become a pacifist and never attack anybody. But in that case I suggest you change the settings for the HRE A.I. to zero aggression and I can get on with doing other things, like sleep and playing against the A.I. I would be rather be doing something else other than just building buildings and cracking down on rebels. If any of the other players think that it is fair the hegemon to bully lesser powers, I'm sure they will behave and welcome their Turkish Overlords.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Can you post the stats for 1571, so you can see how dangerous I was at the height of my power.

And for the record, that is NOT the HRE at the height of its power, that is the HRE before you attacked me. Don't pretend that my intervention in your attack on hungary was me attacking you. The HRE at the the height of its power had the four spanish provinces in italy, the three french northwest most provinces and pskov. All of which were ceded to my neighbors as per previous arrangements.

I see 13 provinces I lost and 8 provinces I have gained during the session all while losing all the empire bonuses and all my vassals. I'm weaker than when we started. Everybody else is larger. All my gains were in the post war wars. If you think that me getting to the position I was in PRE-Unification now that I don't have the bonuses and cannot superannex the empire is super duper dangerous then you are sadly deluded.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on March 25, 2010, 01:05:23 AM
Viking, I may have said that I did not care about German issues, and that's true. Forming the HRE, however, is not merely a German issue. Had Europe let that stand long enough for you to consolidate your rule, there would have been no stopping you.

I intervened to protect the balance of power. Your brand new possessions in the Baltic were also very troubling, and a direct threat to Russia.

given that logic, I suspect you are expecting an invasion then? You didn't even ask for the provinces. Nor did you even seek to test my willingness to hold to the promises I had already made.

DGuller

How the hell did Spain manage to double its income?  I spent most of my session watching the war in Europe.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 01:26:04 AM
How the hell did Spain manage to double its income?  I spent most of my session watching the war in Europe.

I present; my bestest ever ally.

Habbaku

Colonial expansion, grabbing up chunks of northern Italy (very rich provinces), growth of your colonies to cities, higher value of the trade centers you own, increased trade...

Same reason Berkut's income is so high now that he's finally stabilized himself.  Sweden, too.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 25, 2010, 01:26:43 AM

I present; my bestest ever ally.
For future reference, anyone unfortunate enough to be allied with me should be more precise in stating what they want me to do or not do beforehand.

Kleves

Quote from: Viking on March 25, 2010, 01:25:24 AM
given that logic, I suspect you are expecting an invasion then? You didn't even ask for the provinces. Nor did you even seek to test my willingness to hold to the promises I had already made.
There were two issues that triggered Russian intervention: 1) The threat to the balance of power (which was very real, given that it took nearly every other nation in the game to bring you down, and even then you beat France and England once, and captured Paris twice) and 2) Your presence in the Baltic. Diplomacy seemed unlikely to solve these issues.

Now, with that said, the Holy Roman Empire (Republic?) has dealt honorably with Russia in the past, and I hope we can return to friendly relations in the future.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

My generals sucked, I left about 6-9k men to guard against Spain (not knowing what was going on)
and he chewed up French forces and not hearing from Ottomans and English and unaware of Russian fighting I WP this first time.

Was humming along after that dealing with revolts when about two years before truce ends Viking asked I'd I was going to fight him, I said only if he forced me into war, response I saw was why shouldn't I attack you right now then?
So I started building up army again and when my English ally dow'd so did i, though I stayed within my borders till was attacked by Viking. 
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 25, 2010, 01:48:58 AM
My generals sucked, I left about 6-9k men to guard against Spain (not knowing what was going on)
and he chewed up French forces and not hearing from Ottomans and English and unaware of Russian fighting I WP this first time.

Was humming along after that dealing with revolts when about two years before truce ends Viking asked I'd I was going to fight him, I said only if he forced me into war, response I saw was why shouldn't I attack you right now then?
So I started building up army again and when my English ally dow'd so did i, though I stayed within my borders till was attacked by Viking.
Well, I was certain you would join as soon as Habbaku was able to move overland. You did as England's ally do just that. I didn't have time to look up who was on which side in the war england declared on me. Did DGuller even join that one?

To be honest I first found out that we were at war when I heard that I lost a battle against you, one of my regiments was given movement orders from flanders to switzerland to join the armies fighting the turk. Shit I though and followed the plan that worked last time. The Schlieffen Plan. Hit France hard, force peace and then turn and face the turk. Only this time France was covered in lvl 2 forts, not lvl 1 forts. :bleeding: I managed to take Paris for the second time. It's just by that time Habbaku and his Über Turk Generals and land rout to Austria was approaching Dresden along with Russian Support. The straw that broke the camels back was when the force sieging one of the regions near paris actually dropped to 0 infantry and I realized that I could NOT stab hit Katmai out of the war. That and the Ottomans wiping out a broken 20 regiment army some days before. Really didn't have anything other than empty regiments and about 200 regiments under production all of which took 200 days to finish... damn WE.

DGuller

I joined all the wars, as per our agreement. 

Tamas

How the hell can Habbaku lead the statistics in every EU3 game we play regardless of the country he plays? You guys suck.