News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 27, 2010, 03:01:23 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 02:11:25 PM
BTW, what's Hansy's status?  Will he continue slumming it as Persia, or will he be put in charge of forming a strong German state?

Says the guy who demolished portugal 2 seconds after it lost it's player.
What does this have to do with anything?

Viking

Still no 1571 stats. But, perhaps habbaku doesn't like to contemplate the comparison with his 1586 stats it might generate?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Kleves

Viking, you're not going to convince anyone that you were not a threat as HRE, so I don't know why you keep trying.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

Looking from the 1571 save after re-host, HRE has 310 in income (which is probably an underestimate of the true peace-time income, as Viking already had a WE of 15).  Much more scarily, he has the max manpower of 292,000.  He also has a 297 land force limit.  If he were left in peace for a decade or two, to build up his navy so that he could prevent the blockades, he would be unstoppable.

Viking

I was at 310 income, Habbaku is at 300 income and is not surrounded by all other players.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 27, 2010, 03:49:50 PM
I was at 310 income, Habbaku is at 300 income and is not surrounded by all other players.
With a decade of peace, you'd be able to consolidate that into much more impressive numbers.  You'd have more cash than you'd know what to do with, you would be easily able to double your standing army and wage a war of attrition, and with a navy buildup program you wouldn't be able to be brought to your knees.  If you keep trying to negotiate for a return of HRE of old, you're just going to play right into Hab's hands.  He has free reign as long as Europe is scared of the specter of HRE, and rationally or irrationally, Europe is scared of the specter of HRE.

DGuller

One other thing that I noticed is that in 1571 you have not yet built constables in 49 of your provinces that you controlled at that time, the vast majority of them having a huge tax base.  It's one more thing that you could easily shore up if you were given time to consolidate.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 27, 2010, 03:31:56 PM
Still no 1571 stats. But, perhaps habbaku doesn't like to contemplate the comparison with his 1586 stats it might generate?

Sorry, but as DG has pointed out, I don't see the point in comparing apples and oranges.  Your potentially arguing that I am somehow equivalent to the whole of the HRE united and consolidated is laughable, at best.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 12:46:49 PM
Are we going to change to the new patch for the next session?

Lets wait and see what the Palm Sunday session makes those players think. I think the Sunday game is going to use the patch. If there are no problems (mainly save game wise) then we should play with the next patch.

JonasSalk

I think a newly weakened HRE and the Ottomans should agree to an all-out, WW2-like unconditional surrender war 5-10 years from next game until one side utterly collapses.  That way Sweden could advance into northern Germany without any problems whatsoever and Russia could go for the Otto provinces.  Russo-Sweden could then unite and take on China and Japan, which are clearly encroaching upon sovereign Russo-Swede territory in the far east--meaning China and Japan.
Yuman

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on March 27, 2010, 09:34:33 PM
Lets wait and see what the Palm Sunday session makes those players think. I think the Sunday game is going to use the patch. If there are no problems (mainly save game wise) then we should play with the next patch.

There were no problems and there are some nice improvements to the UI and naval combat, at a minimum.

Berkut

I would not say there aren't any problems - the screwed up NI interface would certainly rate as "problem".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

What's the verdict?  Go or no go on the patch?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned