News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2010, 10:00:49 AM
What are you talking about?  Spain has no designs on Imperial lands, although it will take some if Austria needs to be reined in again.

Viking post-beatdown has taken on a martyr complex that would make even me blush.

Which is funny considering how cocky and arrogant he was pre-beatdown.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 30, 2010, 09:53:46 AM
Well, I look forward to seeing which power thinks that Austria is not required to contain the Ottomans.
Why don't we all just let you diploannex us?  Spain, France, England, all join the HRE.  Sure, we'd lose, but at least there will be someone there to take on those Ottomans.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2010, 10:02:51 AM
Well, I look forward to seeing which power thinks that Austria is not required to contain the Ottomans.
Why don't we all just let you diploannex us?  Spain, France, England, all join the HRE.  Sure, we'd lose, but at least there will be someone there to take on those Ottomans.

I am not sure that would really be enough though.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on March 30, 2010, 10:29:26 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2010, 10:02:51 AM

I am not sure that would really be enough though.
Baby steps.

Berkut

He is right though - in fact, he has an impressive knack for being right, and yet *still* managing to be completely unconvincing.

With Russia apparently not willing to make any kind of move against the Ottomans (what is that, anyway?), that leaves Austria as the only viable check to the game leader.

0 rows returned

DGuller

It would help if diplomatic conversations didn't go like this:

Viking:  Please do A, B, and C, so that I could become stronger.
DGuller:  Ok, that will help you get stronger.  What's in it for me?
Viking:  Your benefit is that I'll get stronger.

Arvoreen

Hi everyone!

This is Arvoreen...I'm the friend from work that Berkut mentioned before...  So while I'm interested in joining, I still have one more week of darts (not counting this week) that I need to finish up before being able to commit.  My son is also interested, but has decided to wait for me first :)

I look forward to following your exploits through these interesting posts  :lol:  and hope to join you on April 14th.

katmai

Well everbody knows Berkut has no friends so must be a sockpuppet.

And yeah sorry but vikings I need to be as strong as next two powers combined schtick don't fly.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Patch was updated.  For the love of Christ, download and install it before tomorrow.

New checksum is HPZE.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Arvoreen on March 30, 2010, 04:08:13 PM
Hi everyone!

This is Arvoreen...I'm the friend from work that Berkut mentioned before.

Who the fuck are you?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2010, 01:45:47 PM
It would help if diplomatic conversations didn't go like this:

Viking:  Please do A, B, and C, so that I could become stronger.
DGuller:  Ok, that will help you get stronger.  What's in it for me?
Viking:  Your benefit is that I'll get stronger.

DGuller: Hey can we talk.
Viking: Go away, you are a useless ally.
DGuller: But I'm sure we can do something to help each other.
Viking: OK, what is it?
DGuller: I can excommunicate german minors for the CB.
Viking: I don't need CBs against german minors, I have holy war on the protestants and reconquest on the bavarians.
DGuller: I could support you against Turkey.
Viking: You are a useless ally, but I won't deny you a chance to redeem yourself.
DGuller: In exchange I want land in italy.
Viking: Are you kidding? I've already lost more than enough land, no.
DGuller: What do you expect my support for free?
Viking: I didn't ask for it, I don't really value it and what you benefit is an alliance with a neighbour to France and Turkey. I don't really care if I have your support or not, I don't really see the value in it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 30, 2010, 04:43:09 PM
Well everbody knows Berkut has no friends so must be a sockpuppet.

And yeah sorry but vikings I need to be as strong as next two powers combined schtick don't fly.

I'd settle for being as strong as one of my rivals.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

:lol: which rivals outclass you like you did All of us at HRE formation?

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 30, 2010, 05:38:25 PM
I'd settle for being as strong as one of my rivals.

You must be content, then, since you're certainly stronger than France.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

:( poor France I think even the English are stronger than I.