News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 30, 2010, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2010, 01:45:47 PM
It would help if diplomatic conversations didn't go like this:

Viking:  Please do A, B, and C, so that I could become stronger.
DGuller:  Ok, that will help you get stronger.  What's in it for me?
Viking:  Your benefit is that I'll get stronger.

DGuller: Hey can we talk.
Viking: Go away, you are a useless ally.
DGuller: But I'm sure we can do something to help each other.
Viking: OK, what is it?
DGuller: I can excommunicate german minors for the CB.
Viking: I don't need CBs against german minors, I have holy war on the protestants and reconquest on the bavarians.
DGuller: I could support you against Turkey.
Viking: You are a useless ally, but I won't deny you a chance to redeem yourself.
DGuller: In exchange I want land in italy.
Viking: Are you kidding? I've already lost more than enough land, no.
DGuller: What do you expect my support for free?
Viking: I didn't ask for it, I don't really value it and what you benefit is an alliance with a neighbour to France and Turkey. I don't really care if I have your support or not, I don't really see the value in it.
Actually, you were the one who brought up the Ottomans.  You said that I could excommunicate Bavaria for you, but only if I guaranteed you publicly against the Ottomans.  My mistake was assuming that the part where I guarantee HRE against the Ottomans wasn't my reward for doing the excommunication.

Viking

EAGC fuck...

Sigh, reinstalling from scratch...

french mission fix pre- or post- patch? just latest patch or all of them in sequence?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

What's the date of the latest patch?  Is it March 29?  I have so many references to the "latest patch" that, with the many changes recently, I'm not sure which one is the latest of the latest.

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on March 30, 2010, 06:41:21 PM
What's the date of the latest patch?  Is it March 29?  I have so many references to the "latest patch" that, with the many changes recently, I'm not sure which one is the latest of the latest.

The March 29th patch was updated today, but the name wasn't changed; so if you haven't downloaded a patch sometime today you need to go to the March 29th thread and get the .rar files in the first post.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Kleves

Is Hans taking over Bavaria or the Netherlands this week?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on March 30, 2010, 07:45:59 PM
Is Hans taking over Bavaria or the Netherlands this week?

Haven't heard anything. But, Hungary, Ming, Japan or some Indian as well as continuing with Khorsan are all options.

Viking

Quote from: Viking on March 30, 2010, 06:58:30 PM
that fucking romania thing is back...

HPZE!!!!! :w00t:

It seems the root of my problems is that IZarc defaults to not extracting subfolders.

Berkut

I think we should have a full house tonight, excepting Hans, who I have not heard anything from.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Argh, stuck at work for next three hours.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Kleves

Thanks for the advance notice, kat.  <_<

So what's the plan for France?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on March 31, 2010, 06:58:33 PM
Thanks for the advance notice, kat.  <_<

So what's the plan for France?

If it's good enought for Poland, does France deserve better?  :secret:

DGuller

That sucks a lot, given that a country like France has a lot to do during this time frame.