News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

I did take my time, but it mainly was as a result of me learning how to play the game effectively.  I like to think I'm doing much better now.
Yuman

katmai

this quote right here is why Viking can't get back to HRE size or close to it
Just before the collapse, I had recruitment going on in EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE I had and still I had 3500 in the bank and 250k manpower
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on March 25, 2010, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 10:35:47 PM
I do feel for Viking just a little.  Being Austria, he's got two options to pass his time:  conquer Central Europe, or twiddle his thumbs.  It's not like he can go out and colonize America or conquer South Asia.

There is no doubt that we should start worrying about the new 800lb gorilla.

Of course, Spain is expanding at a rather incredible rate as well, having taken over pretty much all of Central America, the good parts of South America, etc., etc. And they now have the largest fleet as well. Given their apparent lackey status with Austria, I am not sure if I can really set myself up as any kind of counter to the Turk.
:lol: Lackey status with Austria?  I guess news is one more thing that's on the slow side in England.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 11:38:16 PM
:lol: Lackey status with Austria?  I guess news is one more thing that's on the slow side in England.

former lackey.. I fired him, he was useless, not to mention making deals with habbaku....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 25, 2010, 11:00:28 PM
About fucking time Salk.

And as to viking he keeps trying to compare the New World/ African/East Asian colonies to the entrenched, developed  provinces of central europe is pretty fucking funny.

Where exactly should I expand then?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Just to reflect further on a previous point, if some sort of counter to Austria is desired, it shouldn't be a German minor (which would counter only Austria, and as was rightfully pointed out, Austria can only really expand in Germany). It should either be an Italian minor (Venice or Naples works well in 1492), which would counter Austria/France/Ottomans, or Poland, countering Austria/Russia/Ottomans. Otherwise the "edge powers" would benefit too much from a checked Austria.

Or could just start in 1399. :P

Berkut

A 1399 start would be kind of interesting, although playing Muscovy would be...challenging.

Actually, on that note, maybe start in 1399 and play GH...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

What do people think of that World Wide Mod thing? Is that a viable MP mod?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 26, 2010, 02:57:45 AM
Quote from: katmai on March 25, 2010, 11:00:28 PM
About fucking time Salk.

And as to viking he keeps trying to compare the New World/ African/East Asian colonies to the entrenched, developed  provinces of central europe is pretty fucking funny.

Where exactly should I expand then?

You did enough expanding prior to the last war to last another 100 years or so.

Actually, why not expand somewhere useful, like Hungary? I bet nobody would complain if your expansion was at the Ottoman expense, rather than some poor innocent minors...

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 26, 2010, 02:48:06 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 11:38:16 PM

former lackey.. I fired him, he was useless, not to mention making deals with habbaku....
A bad master can make his lackey seem dysfunctional, especially a lackey on the slow side.  Before the formation of HRE, you said I wouldn't need to fight, and you needed Spain to grow strong.  I don't think anyone can argue that I didn't follow both of your instructions to perfection.

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2010, 08:24:06 AM
What do people think of that World Wide Mod thing? Is that a viable MP mod?

It is pretty decent. But there are some "home made" mod's you'd have to preform if you are going to play it with 4.1b.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2010, 08:23:31 AM
A 1399 start would be kind of interesting, although playing Muscovy would be...challenging.

Actually, on that note, maybe start in 1399 and play GH...

I did in the previous game, it was pretty  rough.  Managed to finally get it going when slargos rage quit.   :rolleyes:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

Are we going to change to the new patch for the next session?

DGuller

BTW, what's Hansy's status?  Will he continue slumming it as Persia, or will he be put in charge of forming a strong German state?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 02:11:25 PM
BTW, what's Hansy's status?  Will he continue slumming it as Persia, or will he be put in charge of forming a strong German state?

Says the guy who demolished portugal 2 seconds after it lost it's player.