News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

It seems that Habbaku doesn't think that me losing 60 of the richest provinces in the game, being reduced to less than my starting strength AND losing the empire bonus was enough for him. So, while anybody else can go off and conquer whatever he likes, Habbaku seems to think that the Ottomans are the arbiters of what happens in Germany.

Habbaku is declaring that the nr 4 power in the game is the biggest threat and can't expand on pain of dismemberment.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Boy, you sure are posting a lot about what I think without any input from me.  How is it that you got access to the inner-workings of my brain?

Watching Viking thrash around now that he's lost the HRE is actually rather amusing.  I hope it continues.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 25, 2010, 05:19:23 PM
Boy, you sure are posting a lot about what I think without any input from me.  How is it that you got access to the inner-workings of my brain?

Watching Viking thrash around now that he's lost the HRE is actually rather amusing.  I hope it continues.

You seem unable to read the word seem.

Quote from: dictionary.com
seem

 /sim/
–verb (used without object)
to appear to be, feel, do, etc.: She seems better this morning.
to appear to one's own senses, mind, observation, judgment, etc.: It seems to me that someone is calling.
to appear to exist: There seems no need to go now.
to appear to be true, probable, or evident: It seems likely to rain.
to give the outward appearance of being or to pretend to be: He only seems friendly because he wants you to like him.

Nowhere in the peace agreement was it suggested that I guarantee the independence of any german minors. Yet now you are intent on breaching what was agreed, the 50 year truce, to protect something which was not. Sir, you promised to respect the our line of separation along the 1815 border between Austria and Turkey, you breached that in ragusa and transylvania well before the formation of the HRE. You have also promised to abide by a 50 truce, which you have made it clear you will break. Sir, does your word mean anything to you?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

It seems to me both of you shouldn't get any bigger,
Viking even more so since discussions in game were to have Hans taking Bavaria.
Besides Viking you should take it as a compliment as habbu feels you are the biggest threat as a player.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Can someone upload the save file?  Being a noob, I forgot to save before ending the session.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 25, 2010, 07:32:48 PM
You seem unable to read the word seem.

You seem unable to read your own words.  Or do you want to go back and edit them some more?  Nah, I think I'll just quote them here to prevent you Stalinizing more of your posts.

Habbaku is declaring that the nr 4 power in the game is the biggest threat and can't expand on pain of dismemberment.

Interesting.  No presence of the word seem there.  Nor here :

QuoteI can't unify the HRE again, but I am perceived as a greater threat than I was at the start of the session; in Habbaku's propaganda at least.

Pray tell, where's this 'propaganda' you speak of in which I paint you as the greater threat?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 25, 2010, 07:32:48 PM
Nowhere in the peace agreement was it suggested that I guarantee the independence of any german minors. Yet now you are intent on breaching what was agreed, the 50 year truce, to protect something which was not. Sir, you promised to respect the our line of separation along the 1815 border between Austria and Turkey, you breached that in ragusa and transylvania well before the formation of the HRE. You have also promised to abide by a 50 truce, which you have made it clear you will break. Sir, does your word mean anything to you?

:cry: You got backstabbed.  Woe is you.  How dare everyone not allow you to form the HRE!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Viking on March 25, 2010, 05:03:09 PM
It seems that Habbaku doesn't think that me losing 60 of the richest provinces in the game, being reduced to less than my starting strength AND losing the empire bonus was enough for him. So, while anybody else can go off and conquer whatever he likes, Habbaku seems to think that the Ottomans are the arbiters of what happens in Germany.

You quote mine me. You seem not to be able to look at the paragraph before the one loose sentence.

In-game you called me the biggest threat on the grounds that I had demonstrated the willingness to conquer all of germany. England and France have america and india, spain has central and south america, ottomans have arabia and maghreb, russia has siberia, Germany has what? The implied threat is "behave as a minor power or become one".

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 25, 2010, 09:40:52 PM
:cry: You got backstabbed.  Woe is you.  How dare everyone not allow you to form the HRE!

Have you posted the stats from my highpoint and compared them to your present ratings yet?

DGuller

I do feel for Viking just a little.  Being Austria, he's got two options to pass his time:  conquer Central Europe, or twiddle his thumbs.  It's not like he can go out and colonize America or conquer South Asia.

JonasSalk

Soon, mighty Scandinavia will emerge and upset the tenuous balance of European power by at least 5%.
Yuman

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2010, 10:35:47 PM
I do feel for Viking just a little.  Being Austria, he's got two options to pass his time:  conquer Central Europe, or twiddle his thumbs.  It's not like he can go out and colonize America or conquer South Asia.

There is no doubt that we should start worrying about the new 800lb gorilla.

Of course, Spain is expanding at a rather incredible rate as well, having taken over pretty much all of Central America, the good parts of South America, etc., etc. And they now have the largest fleet as well. Given their apparent lackey status with Austria, I am not sure if I can really set myself up as any kind of counter to the Turk.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

About fucking time Salk.

And as to viking he keeps trying to compare the New World/ African/East Asian colonies to the entrenched, developed  provinces of central europe is pretty fucking funny.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son