News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 09:54:47 AM
Sweden has an impressive amount of infamy.

So, how do I increase my legit, other than by not banging the kitchen maids?

Once you have a heir and a spare you can bang the kitchen maids as much as you want.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 18, 2010, 12:10:01 PM

Once you have a heir and a spare you can bang the kitchen maids as much as you want.

Sadly I had neither heir or spare at the time...

I actually had  an old king, no heir, and one of those "Hey, check out this hottie..."  events popped up. The choice 'result' was "Gain a legal heir" and lose  some presige or something. So I was all "Sweet, an heir finally!" and  got a 333 or something like that, who was weak.

I guess perhaps  that was the right choice anyway, since the king then died, leaving a  Regency Council, which is, I guess, better than nothing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Do you hire mentally retarded kitchen maids or something?

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 18, 2010, 12:29:37 PM
Do you hire mentally retarded kitchen maids or something?

Hello? Kitchen maid!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 18, 2010, 12:10:01 PM

Sadly I had neither heir or spare at the time...

I actually had  an old king, no heir, and one of those "Hey, check out this hottie..."  events popped up. The choice 'result' was "Gain a legal heir" and lose  some presige or something. So I was all "Sweet, an heir finally!" and  got a 333 or something like that, who was weak.

I guess perhaps  that was the right choice anyway, since the king then died, leaving a  Regency Council, which is, I guess, better than nothing.

I usually play WWM, and in a previous patch they had the problem that the player country regency council never ended. So eventually the heir died with a regency council. Now, at that point the game continues with a regency council and no heir until some likely local noble seized the throne. Those local nobles were always of exceptional quality.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I had Sweden's amount of infamy in 1515. My three 5* and 6* Diplomats got rid of that within a few decades.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on March 18, 2010, 11:03:54 AM
I'm earning 2.5 per year and I have no hope in hell keeping up with my provincial decisions. 1 for provincial court, 2 for land reform, 2 for festivals, 2 for enclosures ect. Basically for a large empire ALL magistrates will go to provincial decisions, unless you choose to find spend 10 magistrates and 50 prestige or 20 magistrates on getting a 5* great man.

Does anyone actually use the festivals? I thought they were about as crappy as "Establish March".

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on March 18, 2010, 12:58:24 PM
Does anyone actually use the festivals? I thought they were about as crappy as "Establish March".

I've never once used them.  Maybe late game, when you have magistrates galore...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Establish march is evil -1 centralisation. There are mods out there that hide that decision.

Provincial festivals give -6% RR and -5% taxes. Combine that with land enclosures (+10% tax 1% RR) and you have plus 5% income and -5% RR. The combination is worthwhile. But costs 4 magistrates.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

I've been promoting cultural unity like a mofo. Can't make me release a country that can't exist.

JonasSalk

Mighty Sweden will soon rise with a glorious navy to take over all of Scandinavia.  Shortly thereafter, there will be decades upon decades upon decades of reductions of infamy and taming of revolts while converting the populace to Protestantism.

Lo, and it is nigh.
Yuman

Solmyr

Land enclosure isn't available everywhere though, and you also need an adm 6 monarch, and those don't grow on trees.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on March 18, 2010, 03:27:58 PM
Land enclosure isn't available everywhere though, and you also need an adm 6 monarch, and those don't grow on trees.

Pesky that, I haven't had any of those yet. My present one is 4.4.3.

Kleves

So, in Hans still in the game? I'd like to continue with Russia, but I would hate to take Hans' spot because he was taking care of his sick daughter.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.