Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I suppose I should go figure out how colonizing works.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

If you need someone to sit in for Alci or Funk in the test game let me know before sat so i can plan accordingly :P

Slargos

Mother FUCKER.

I wonder if it's possible to christianize Turkey.  <_<

But I will be: Ottomans.

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on December 24, 2009, 04:56:21 AM
Mother FUCKER.

I wonder if it's possible to christianize Turkey.  <_<

But I will be: Ottomans.

Give in to the dark side!

Slargos

Well, the crash bug still isn't fixed so I guess I have plenty of time to practice my Ottoman game. I don't think I've played them in EU3 before, and only once or twice in EU2.

Solmyr

Next Sunday should be fine for me.

What are the hotkeys for MP chat and is there any sort of private messaging in-game?

Slargos

Quote from: Solmyr on December 24, 2009, 05:32:18 AM
Next Sunday should be fine for me.

What are the hotkeys for MP chat and is there any sort of private messaging in-game?

Chat is CTD bugged.

Steam would be a more convenient way of private messaging anyway, since you can set it up to have channels open to the people you want to PM continuously, whereas you have to constantly fiddle with the chat functions if you wish to do the same in EU chat.

Hence, I think using steam is a good idea regardless of whether they fix the bug or not.

Tamas

I agree, Slargos.

And now everyone have more than a week to practice their respective countries, which I highly recommend to do.

Solmyr

I've been playing Austria for a while now. :P

Steam is fine, although don't you have to shift-tab in order to see the chat, which also obscures the game?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Slargos

Quote from: Solmyr on December 24, 2009, 11:01:20 AM
I've been playing Austria for a while now. :P

Steam is fine, although don't you have to shift-tab in order to see the chat, which also obscures the game?

Which is a problem if you're playing FPS, or a war against a player nation, but I think a lot of the time it won't really be an issue especially since you can still see the screen, though it gets partly obscured by the chat window.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Slargos on December 24, 2009, 04:54:22 PM
Which is a problem if you're playing FPS, or a war against a player nation, but I think a lot of the time it won't really be an issue especially since you can still see the screen, though it gets partly obscured by the chat window.

Speaking of which, what speed MP is usually played on? I know I pause constantly in my SP games.