Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

I would love to get some EU3 MP going. Playing EU2 MP was one of the most enjoyable things I've done in gaming. So let's try and finally succeed (or fail less spectacularly) at getting a Languish EU3 MP game going.

So, if you're interested, chime in. Also give some sense of your availability. If there is any particular scenario/set-up that you would like to try, feel free to make suggestions.

To get the ball rolling:

I'm pretty free now, but in early January I begin an important internship, and I'll likely only be available friday night or weekends.

I also mentioned in the EU3 thread that I think it would be pretty cool to get an MP game going with people playing the electors in the HRE.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

I am interested and think the elector idea is a neat one, though have no idea how it'd work out in practice.

I'm generally free in the evenings on weekdays and free during the day every Wednesday.  My availability on the weekends varies, but I could likely play early or late any day.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Reasons why I won't join

You guys play too early
Kleves is a racist a-hole
Habbuku is a papist a-hole!
I don't own EU3

But really good luck Kleves, hope you get a group together.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

I'd play, dunno how well the whole electors thing will go.

I'm free till Sunday, then I wont have access to the computer until January 2nd.  Unless you guys let me know and I'll bring it with when I go up north.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

You slander me, katmai! I was raised papist as well. :contract:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on December 15, 2009, 11:57:00 PM
You slander me, katmai! I was raised papist as well. :contract:

I knew there was a reason i liked ya.

And looking and seeing EU3 complete with In Nomine and Nap is only $29.99 :shifty:

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 12:01:25 AM
And looking and seeing EU3 complete with In Nomine and Nap is only $29.99 :shifty:

That's $26.49 too much.  Amazon.com has it for $3.50.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on December 16, 2009, 12:08:54 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 12:01:25 AM

That's $26.49 too much.  Amazon.com has it for $3.50.

Heh thanks for the heads up.

garbon

For that price, I might have to break down and buy eu3 now...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2009, 12:13:08 AM
For that price, I might have to break down and buy eu3 now...

I Broke down and bought it for that price*

well with shipping it was $7.50

garbon

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 12:21:24 AM
I Broke down and bought it for that price*

Hell even Amazon's 7.73 is decent.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

:yes:  That's what I bought it for.  At that price, it's hard not to buy it.  If I play it for five hours, I've gotten my money's worth.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on December 16, 2009, 12:36:25 AM

:yes:  That's what I bought it for.  At that price, it's hard not to buy it.  If I play it for five hours, I've gotten my money's worth.

Yep, if lucky i'll have it by this weekend, of course being the week before christmas, not holding my breath on it getting here in timely manner. :D

HisMajestyBOB

I won't play because my time zone is too different from yours. But if this gets off the ground, I expect an AAR!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

It should arrive early next week, I suspect.  Amazon is pretty good about their stuff arriving speedily.  Of course, if you ordered from one of the Marketplace vendors, you're playing Roulette with the delivery time...

-J. R. R. Tolkien