Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on December 25, 2009, 05:30:54 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 25, 2009, 01:03:44 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on December 25, 2009, 12:50:45 PM
So are we going to play with the 4.1 beta patch? Should I already use it or is it still bugged?

It is not bugged anymore and we should definetly use it.

:huh:

The accounts I've read state pretty clearly that it's still bugged even though Johan claimed it was fixed.

I trust bug reports over "fix" reports.

I ain't not talking about the chat bug. I am talking about the click-on-a-province-and-die bug which is gone and there are other fixes in the patch we need.

Solmyr

Quote from: Kleves on December 25, 2009, 03:50:17 PM
Where do you find the beta patches? You don't have to do something stupid like register your game to find them, do you?  :yuk:

I dunno if this is accessible only to registered users but it's in the first post here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451396

Kleves

Yeah, I had to register. Oh well. Now, what do i use to extract the damn thing?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

ulmont

sbr

Solmyr

I might have missed this, but have we decided on what year we are starting in?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on December 26, 2009, 05:52:53 AM
I might have missed this, but have we decided on what year we are starting in?

It appears it will be 1399. It has it's dangers but it will be interesting, no doubt.

Austria will have to deal with the issue of über NPC Bohemia, then a horse-race for the Balkans with the Ottomans (I think it is foolish for either of them to let it slip for the other).

Ottomans must end their war (which can end very profitably or as a trainwreck, really), and then comes the delicate affair of expanding fast while staying in green infamy (at around the time you go to orange, neighbors will start warning you, and they will gang up on you, making expansion very difficult).

Muscowy will be in the middle of the map's biggest clusterfuck and will have an isolated but very exciting time of trying to come out on top.

And the Portugal-Castille-France-England group will have a very interlocked early game together with Aragon and Burgundy. I haven't MPed that stardate yet so I have no idea how it will flow, but it should be quite interactive. :)

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 26, 2009, 05:15:14 PM
We should randomize 'lucky' nations as well.
Why; arn't we playing the 'historical' lucky nations? No point in changing it to help the AI.  :P
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 26, 2009, 05:15:14 PM
We should randomize 'lucky' nations as well.

That sounds like a bad idea in MP.  Why risk some players being lucky while most aren't?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Solmyr

Does "lucky nations" apply to players or just the AI? And what does it do exactly?

Slargos

Lucky nations should be turned off if possible. They give some pretty freaky bonuses to the AI that gets them (players not eligible) and it will make the game pretty uncomfortable for any player that has the unfortunate honour of being surrounded by lucky AI nations.

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on December 27, 2009, 04:46:39 AM
Lucky nations should be turned off if possible. They give some pretty freaky bonuses to the AI that gets them (players not eligible) and it will make the game pretty uncomfortable for any player that has the unfortunate honour of being surrounded by lucky AI nations.

I agree

Slargos

I could've sworn I saw HTTT for $20 on gamersgate the last time I checked but now it's €20 again.

MotherFUCKERS.

I hope their dicks shrivel off from the pox, and that they get surprise sodomized by culture enricheners.

Viking

Quote from: Slargos on December 27, 2009, 07:07:54 AM
I could've sworn I saw HTTT for $20 on gamersgate the last time I checked but now it's €20 again.

MotherFUCKERS.

I hope their dicks shrivel off from the pox, and that they get surprise sodomized by culture enricheners.

You keep telling me that Paradox will never get another Krone from you?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.