Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Why would Tamas care if you converted Hungary?  He's playing France.

On that note, I would really appreciate a substitute taking over for the first session for me.  This week is not going to be good for me due to outside factors, but I know for a fact that I'm game from then on.

If someone steps forward to sub, please PM me for my strategizing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 01, 2010, 06:33:22 PM

So you're telling me people who buy legit copies are actually worse off? What a disturbing concept.  :homestar:

Indeed it's tougher for us. So feel sorry will ya!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 01, 2010, 06:33:56 PM

On that note, I would really appreciate a substitute taking over for the first session for me.  This week is not going to be good for me due to outside factors, but I know for a fact that I'm game from then on.

Well I would have stepped  forward, but now Kleves has me scared to install the beta patch :lol:

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 06:34:33 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 01, 2010, 06:33:22 PM

So you're telling me people who buy legit copies are actually worse off? What a disturbing concept.  :homestar:

Indeed it's tougher for us. So feel sorry will ya!

Alas, I went ahead and let those fuckers jew me again, and my installation went just fine so you have no sympathy from me.

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 06:35:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 01, 2010, 06:33:56 PM

Well I would have stepped  forward, but now Kleves has me scared to install the beta patch :lol:

Goddamit, clearly he set 7zip or whatever to automatically NOT overwrite files.

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 06:35:43 PM

I think it's just him.  I've had no trouble whatsoever with the beta patches and have only had the game CTD one time in all the space I've played it (and, considering the holidays, that's quite a lot of hours, actually).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on January 01, 2010, 06:38:59 PM

Yep--pretty common error.  If you're an idiot.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Roster currently looks like this :

England - Kleves
France - Tamas
Castile - Habbaku
Ottomans - Slargos
Alcibiades - Muscovy or Novgorod (his choice)
FunkMonk - Portugal
Solmyr - Austria
Pat - Poland

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 01, 2010, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 01, 2010, 06:38:59 PM

Yep--pretty common error.  If you're an idiot.

Of which this board is RIDDLED.

Why, there's one right.... there...

Habbaku

By the way, Alci, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you start tinkering around with Muscovy.  The earlier years can be fairly tough if you don't jump on the Golden Horde post-haste and take all the ungarrisoned provinces.  You'll have to beat on rebels for a time and take a relatively large amount of infamy in the process, but it's the fastest way to expand your manpower base to a level that will allow you to kick all your neighbors' (except Lithuania) asses at will.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

alright I have EU III v4.1b (EISH) for checksum on start up.

Habbu, if ya trust me to steward a game for ya, pm me your instructions. :P

I've been waking up at 6am anyways so this way I'll just stay up and drink some coffee. :D

Tamas

So lets hope Kleves will manage to heal his EU3.

Because I think for the mighty trio of England Frane and Castille, there are far more juicy targets than each other. Namely: Burgundy and Aragon! Aragon is easily a match for Castille, and an unpredictable thorn in my back, while Burgundy reigns over monstrously rich provinces bordering English Calais, and is in general surrrounded by minors who can not defend themselves. They must be taken out as soon as possible, and I am looking forward for a negotiated settlement of the 100 years war to deal with that problem. I am ready to pay a resaonable price for the English provinces on my west coast, and I am willing to continue leasing Calais to the English.

katmai

So I'm gonna run Castile for Habs for first session, so we shall have to talk Tamas. :ph34r:

Oh and sorry for lazyiness but I know it's been asked and answered, who is hosting this?

Slargos

Uplink speed of .8mbit/s probably makes my connection inferior for the purpose of this excersise.  :homestar: