Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Is there any reasonable way to communicate without using Steam?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Quote from: Kleves on January 02, 2010, 05:29:17 PM
Is there any reasonable way to communicate without using Steam?

No.

And read my post again :P 200d each is an attricously high price. Taking them by force is cheaper, frankly.

ulmont

You guys could all get on ventrilo or skype or teamspeak and talk at one another, which would be better than steam.

Kleves

Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 05:46:17 PM
And read my post again :P 200d each is an attricously high price. Taking them by force is cheaper, frankly.
Can you make me give them up, though? You can take them, sure, but you can't really force me to make peace. And fighting me will leave to open to attacks from the Burgundy and Spain. What's more, even if the war takes only 2 years, it will still cost you more than 400d, with recruitment, maintenance, etc.

If you would give up your claim on Calais, however, (is this possible without a war?), then I would be willing to further lower the price.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on January 02, 2010, 06:14:08 PM
You guys could all get on ventrilo or skype or teamspeak and talk at one another, which would be better than steam.

Yeah, except for private diplomacy.

Steam is harmless, Alci.

Tamas

Quote from: Kleves on January 02, 2010, 06:22:33 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 05:46:17 PM
Can you make me give them up, though? You can take them, sure, but you can't really force me to make peace. And fighting me will leave to open to attacks from the Burgundy and Spain. What's more, even if the war takes only 2 years, it will still cost you more than 400d, with recruitment, maintenance, etc.

If you would give up your claim on Calais, however, (is this possible without a war?), then I would be willing to further lower the price.

Yes, we can spiral each other into insane war exhaustion, that is exactly what I am trying to avoid, but I am not paying you huge sums to give you free reign in your sphere of inluence. No way.

Habbaku

Clearly, only Spanish intervention can hope to break this deadlock.

Gentlemen, begin your bidding.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 02, 2010, 06:42:59 PM
Clearly, only Spanish intervention can hope to break this deadlock.

Gentlemen, begin your bidding.

England already has a torn in your side by his Portugal alliance. While I am -assuming calm relations with England- the most suited to help you quickly subdue Aragon.

Kleves

Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 06:41:51 PM
Yes, we can spiral each other into insane war exhaustion, that is exactly what I am trying to avoid, but I am not paying you huge sums to give you free reign in your sphere of inluence. No way.
I'll cut it to 200d, total, if you give up your claim to Calais.

katmai

I'm glad to see all this Diplo going on, but has there been any progress on who is hosting this in oh, 15 hours?

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

I wouldn't mind hosting, but I have to figure out how to do it first :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

What do I have to do for/with this gay steam shit?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 02, 2010, 08:21:43 PM
I wouldn't mind hosting, but I have to figure out how to do it first :D

It's been so long since I hosted a game not sure i can help ya.

katmai

Habbaku

By the way, if you guys end up having port/connection issues, I strongly urge you all to download the Hamachi program and use that.  It's a LAN-spoofing program that's incredibly easy to use and has always solved my connection issues for MP.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien