Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on January 01, 2010, 06:40:17 PM
Yep--pretty common error.  If you're an idiot.
:P

I told it to overwrite everything. It said it couldn't overwrite the EU3.exe output or some such nonsense. I'll try installing it on my laptop.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on January 01, 2010, 07:03:43 PM
So lets hope Kleves will manage to heal his EU3.

Because I think for the mighty trio of England Frane and Castille, there are far more juicy targets than each other. Namely: Burgundy and Aragon! Aragon is easily a match for Castille, and an unpredictable thorn in my back, while Burgundy reigns over monstrously rich provinces bordering English Calais, and is in general surrrounded by minors who can not defend themselves. They must be taken out as soon as possible, and I am looking forward for a negotiated settlement of the 100 years war to deal with that problem. I am ready to pay a resaonable price for the English provinces on my west coast, and I am willing to continue leasing Calais to the English.

While the House of Habsburg has no problem with France reasserting control over its unruly vassals, any annexation of Imperial lands will be viewed in a most poor light.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Quote from: Habbaku on January 01, 2010, 06:46:11 PM
By the way, Alci, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you start tinkering around with Muscovy.  The earlier years can be fairly tough if you don't jump on the Golden Horde post-haste and take all the ungarrisoned provinces.  You'll have to beat on rebels for a time and take a relatively large amount of infamy in the process, but it's the fastest way to expand your manpower base to a level that will allow you to kick all your neighbors' (except Lithuania) asses at will.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't played a Russian since Eu2, I don't like my chances with a Poland player.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

I am looking forward for a negotiated settlement of the 100 years war to deal with that problem. I am ready to pay a resaonable price for the English provinces on my west coast, and I am willing to continue leasing Calais to the English.
I would like a peaceful resolution as well. Here is my offer: 600d for each province, to be taken in two seperate wars. You remain allied with Scotland, so that I can kick them in the nuts, and don't interfere with me in Ireland. I don't interfere with internal French issues (although this excludes Burgundy). What do you think?

I also want good relations with not only my faithful ally Portugal, but with His Most Catholic Majesty of Castile as well.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

FunkMonk

The issue of greatest importance to us is the reduction of the infidel armies and his territories which threaten Christendom. As long as England, or any other power that matter, recognize this and can come to our aid in some manner then long shall we have very amicable relations indeed. 

:pope:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Aragon is easily a match for Castille,

:lol:  No, they aren't.  Without France helping them, they go down like a cheap whore.  Nonetheless, if you agree not to intervene in the steady annexation of rightful Spanish territory, I'm more than happy to leave off of interfering in French unification issues.  All in the name of eventually counterbalancing the insidious English, of course.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on January 01, 2010, 09:49:07 PM
I would like a peaceful resolution as well. Here is my offer: 600d for each province, to be taken in two seperate wars. You remain allied with Scotland, so that I can kick them in the nuts, and don't interfere with me in Ireland. I don't interfere with internal French issues (although this excludes Burgundy). What do you think?

Interesting.  France is to pay through the nose for land they can easily take from the English while also selling out their counterbalancing Scottish ally and ending any hope of England having issues at home.  Meanwhile, the English keep their largest continental ally well-supported (with the same French ducats that were paid out, no doubt) and France is kept at 2/3 the size they would otherwise be.

Castile does not approve of this, but would find it amusing if the French did.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Oh and also I presume I'm still suppose to add EUIII to Steam to circumvent the chat ctd? :unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Yeah how do you add games to Steam again?

As for hosting: I have a 5/5 connection, but being a bit remote, perhaps I should not be hosting. Could give it a try though.

Speaking of which, do you know what ports EU3 is using?

Tamas

Quote from: Kleves on January 01, 2010, 09:49:07 PM
I am looking forward for a negotiated settlement of the 100 years war to deal with that problem. I am ready to pay a resaonable price for the English provinces on my west coast, and I am willing to continue leasing Calais to the English.

I also want good relations with not only my faithful ally Portugal, but with His Most Catholic Majesty of Castile as well.

You can sell me a province without a war, btw.

In theory, I do not oppose leaving the Scotts to your mercy, but considering that I am the only one with the proximity, resources, and interest to protect them, my abandonment of Scotland effectively means giving you what, 5 provinces?

So here is my offer: accept that France is mine alone, and I accept that the British Isles are yours alone. I am willing to do that to such an extent that I will take the huge prestige hit of cancelling my alliance with Scotland.
However, considering that with this act I am giving you control over a much bigger dominion than what you are handing over, I am only willing to pay a nominal fee of 50 golds for all 3 French provinces under your control.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 02, 2010, 01:03:57 PM
I'm not adding steam.   :mad:

Your choice. Just be aware though that there will be no way of communicating with you in game then.

Alcibiades

Steam is the devil, I will not infect my computer, again.   :pope:

Kleves

Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 04:47:11 AM
You can sell me a province without a war, btw.
I had forgotten that you can now sell provinces outright. I thought any sale would have to be amortized over a long period. Because that's not the case, I will be willing to cut the price. I'll sell each (of the western two) for 200d each. I consider Calais to be English, and not French territory. How does that sound?