Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Sure. Who is gonna host it and what's the ip?

(And what is the sum and how do you check it? :P)

Slargos

Quote from: Solmyr on December 31, 2009, 07:28:00 AM
Sure. Who is gonna host it and what's the ip?

(And what is the sum and how do you check it? :P )

Checksum is in the main screen when you start the game, lower left I think. 4 character combination that has to be the same for everyone playing.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

Well, I tried to install the patch, and now the damn thing won't load. The 7-Zip thing said something about not being able to delete the Eu3.exe output, or some such nonsense. Maybe I needed to apply another patch before the public beta?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Slargos

Quote from: Kleves on December 31, 2009, 10:05:34 PM
Well, I tried to install the patch, and now the damn thing won't load. The 7-Zip thing said something about not being able to delete the Eu3.exe output, or some such nonsense. Maybe I needed to apply another patch before the public beta?

I didn't have to.

EU3->NA->IN->HTTT->HTTT 4.1b beta patch

Checksum is FISH. (though I could have SWORN it was EISH last time I checked.)

ulmont

Slargos, every time you start a game and quit EU3 increments the first letter, so EISH - FISH - GISH etc.  Means you have to restart EU3 every time to resynch.

Slargos

Quote from: ulmont on January 01, 2010, 01:03:19 AM
Slargos, every time you start a game and quit EU3 increments the first letter, so EISH - FISH - GISH etc.  Means you have to restart EU3 every time to resynch.

Oh!

Sometimes I wish I had the power of Dictator.

Damn, those Paradox people would suffer.

I would get very creative.

Solmyr

So do we all have to start and restart until everyone has the same first letter, or something?

And what time was the game on Sunday, again?

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on January 01, 2010, 07:09:27 AM
So do we all have to start and restart until everyone has the same first letter, or something?

And what time was the game on Sunday, again?

8am for me, Noon on east coast of USA and 5pm iirc for Slargos in Sweden.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

After trying to install the patch, even after multiple uninstallations/reinstallations, the game crashes everytime upon start-up. :bleeding:

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on January 01, 2010, 01:34:42 PM
After trying to install the patch, even after multiple uninstallations/reinstallations, the game crashes everytime upon start-up. :bleeding:

That's what you get for listening to tamas.

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 05:42:43 PM

:rolleyes: is he using a Steam version or what? Just how hard it is to set your unrarrer to overwrite files? :P

Slargos

Speaking of listening to Tamas...

We should get together for some strategizing, Tamas old buddy old pal.

For my first bargaining chip, I will consider not force-converting Hungary.  :licklips:

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 01, 2010, 06:22:28 PM

:rolleyes: is he using a Steam version or what? Just how hard it is to set your unrarrer to overwrite files? :P

Well you and slargos wouldn't understand it is different when not using pirated copies. :rolleyes:

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 06:32:01 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 01, 2010, 06:22:28 PM

Well you and slargos wouldn't understand it is different when not using pirated copies. :rolleyes:

So you're telling me people who buy legit copies are actually worse off? What a disturbing concept.  :homestar: