Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2009, 06:43:20 PM

But aren't the new HRE rules one of the main points of the expansion? Can countries not in the HRE see how much authority the Emperor has and what reforms he's passed?

Yes, everyone can see that in the HRE window.

I am with Habbaku: lets do a great power game, 1399 or 1492.

lol can I be: Ottoman Empire?

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on December 23, 2009, 03:04:55 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2009, 06:43:20 PM

But aren't the new HRE rules one of the main points of the expansion? Can countries not in the HRE see how much authority the Emperor has and what reforms he's passed?

Yes, everyone can see that in the HRE window.

I am with Habbaku: lets do a great power game, 1399 or 1492.

lol can I be: Ottoman Empire?

You should be, ya dirty Turk.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Starting electors are pretty unimportant, since any state in the HRE can become an elector (I'm not sure of the exact requirements, but probably taking out the existing electors is one).

I can go for great powers though. How would we handle Spain though? One player chooses to play either Castile or Aragon, or can there be multiple players? In any case I'd be interested in either England or Muscovy/Russia.

Tamas

It has been established that Castille and Aragon is a bad idea, so Castille it is.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on December 23, 2009, 07:37:25 AM
It has been established that Castille and Aragon is a bad idea, so Castille it is.

I've been playing Castille all night just to get back into EU practice, seems like fun.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

Should we pick countries, or assign them randomly?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

I'm not particularly averse to picking them, but random is fine too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

If a newb gets Muscovy randomly he will be so screwed it won't be funny.  :huh:

Kleves

Ok, so we have:

Kleves
Habbaku
Tamas
Alcibiades
Slargos
FunkMonk
Solmyr
Pat

Does that look right to you guys? We actually have 8 players, then, because I forgot to count myself the first time.  :P

If we're going majors, that would probably mean:

France
England
Castile
Poland
Austria
Ottoman Empire
Muscovy/Novgorod
Portugal

Did I miss someone? Does that look like the correct roster? If so, we can start choosing/assigning countries. I think I would slightly prefer random countries, but either way is fine with me.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

FunkMonk

Random suits me. I won't be able to make this Sunday BTW.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

Yeah, Neither will I, should be the Sunday after this one.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

If we run anything this coming Sunday, it will be only a test game.

Kleves

Alright, I'm rolling it randomly.

Here's the order in which I'm rolling:
1. Kleves
2. Habbaku
3. Tamas
4. Alcibiades
5. Slargos
6. FunkMonk
7. Solmyr
8. Pat

Here are the countries I'm rolling:
1. France
2. England
3. Castile
4. Poland
5. Austria
6. Ottoman Empire
7. Muscovy/Novgorod
8. Portugal

I forgot my ACTS login, so I'll be rolling it manually. If you doubt that I did it honestly, I can switch countries with you.

Here we go:
Kleves - 2 - England
Habs - 3 - Castile
*switching to 6-sided die; countries will shift up to fill vacancies, so we have 1-6*
Tamas - 1 - France
*switching to 10-sided die; each country will fill two numbers slots - ie 1-2, 3-4, etc.*
Alci - 7 - Moscovy/Novgorod
*switching back to 8-sided, same system*
Slargos - 5 - Ottoman Empire
*switching back to 6-sided*
FunkMonk - 6- Portugal
Solymr - 6 - Austria
Pat - Poland

How does that look?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point