Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

I saw some posts claiming that MP chat still crashes the game.

Btw, we could be different and play various Indian/Central Asian states between China and the Timurids. :osama:

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on December 20, 2009, 07:37:09 AM

Btw, we could be different and play various Indian/Central Asian states between China and the Timurids. :osama:

No way.

jimmy olsen

After playing this all day today I'm confident that a game as the electors would be hilarious as the majority of the players would crash and burn, with the possible exception of Bohemia.

There seems to be way more warfare and the situation is far more fluid. It's much harder for a minor to expand fast.

If you want to do an HRE, play Bohemia, Austria, Milan, Burgundy, Brandenberg and Bavaria.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

So the latest news on the patch progress is apparently that the 4.1 patch has been re-relased with a "fix" for the MP chat problem, that doesn't really fix the bug.

Still crashes, only now it takes a couple of times pressing the chat button for it to crash.

Someone suggested running it through steam (add game as "non steam game") and using steam chat which purportedly works fine.

It might be an alternative for now, unless they actually fix it before we start.

Tamas

Okay so lets agree to start on next Sunday? Either with Steam chat or regular chat if it gets fixed

Pat

Is there a difference between Steam chat and MSN (f.ex.)?

Tamas

Quote from: Pat on December 20, 2009, 11:08:46 AM

You mean beside that you don't have to alt-tab to see Steam chat? None.

Kleves

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2009, 11:03:17 AM
Okay so lets agree to start on next Sunday? Either with Steam chat or regular chat if it gets fixed
I don't know that everyone is available next week.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Pat

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2009, 01:00:27 PM

You mean beside that you don't have to alt-tab to see Steam chat? None.

That'd be a substantial difference, yes.

Slargos

Steam chat is launched in a pop up window in the game. You have to alt-tab to use MSN.

Habbaku

Yeah, I'm not sure that everyone's available for this coming Sunday.  I will be free if you want to try to make sure things are relatively stable in MP, though, Tamas.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

I might be able to join for purpose of a test run, but I probably won't be available for an entire game.

Habbaku

After playing for several hours today using HTTT, I'm convinced that a major-powers game is the way to go.  Electors may be fun to play for a cripple-fight type of scenario, but they are rather vulnerable against a concerted effort by, well, any major nation unless everyone's working together.  Or it seems that way, anyhow.

Depending on how many people we get, what assortment do we go for?

I think a traditional England, France, Spain, Austria, Poland, Muscovy, Ottomans assortment would be best, but I see nothing wrong with people playing other powers of their own choosing.  Since we'll likely do a 1399 campaign, maybe someone would prefer something besides Muscovy, for example?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on December 22, 2009, 12:07:30 AM
After playing for several hours today using HTTT, I'm convinced that a major-powers game is the way to go.  Electors may be fun to play for a cripple-fight type of scenario, but they are rather vulnerable against a concerted effort by, well, any major nation unless everyone's working together.  Or it seems that way, anyhow.

Depending on how many people we get, what assortment do we go for?

I think a traditional England, France, Spain, Austria, Poland, Muscovy, Ottomans assortment would be best, but I see nothing wrong with people playing other powers of their own choosing.  Since we'll likely do a 1399 campaign, maybe someone would prefer something besides Muscovy, for example?
But aren't the new HRE rules one of the main points of the expansion? Can countries not in the HRE see how much authority the Emperor has and what reforms he's passed?

Just because the starting electors are weak doesn't mean you can't play within the HRE. Just play as the larger powers within it like I earlier suggested.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point