News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: ulmont on January 08, 2010, 10:57:12 AM
My office closed today.  Although there was less than 0.5" of snow...it melted and then froze overnight.  The ice caused a 29-car pileup this morning.
Well, don't you live in Atlanta?  That is more understandable down there, as you can go an entire winter without snow IIRC.  People up in Louisville and Cinci should be used to snow and therefore less inclined to panic at the slightest hint of it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 02:01:30 PM
Although asked by the local GOP to think about running for the local county offices, I have declined a move into politics.

For now.

Smart move. You know some reporter will manage to trace you here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Germany has run out of road salt apparently.

And I have to travel about 700 km during the weekend. I hope they make sure the trains run on time. :p

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 08, 2010, 11:43:26 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 02:01:30 PM
Although asked by the local GOP to think about running for the local county offices, I have declined a move into politics.

For now.

Smart move. You know some reporter will manage to trace you here.

Using xvideos and searching for "bondage fuck" would be a bigger concern.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I giggled over the ITN clip on CNN this morning over England on the brink of chaos. Hitler should have bombed them with snow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

I have now determined - scientifically - that leather-soled shoes offer less-than-optimal traction in icy conditions. I wish the local borough council would grit the damned pavement.

Panic buying of scented candles, sun-dried tomatoes and Country Life magazine has started in Fulham.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Warspite on January 09, 2010, 11:34:41 AM
I have now determined - scientifically - that leather-soled shoes offer less-than-optimal traction in icy conditions. I wish the local borough council would grit the damned pavement.

Panic buying of scented candles, sun-dried tomatoes and Country Life magazine has started in Fulham.
Maybe not a reasonable purchase for you, but I've seen these little rubber doohickeys that you slip over your shoes.  Like tire chains for your feet.

Barrister

Back before the invention of teflon, curlers used to simply use a leather soled shoe as their means of sliding across the curling ice.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Warspite

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2010, 11:36:56 AM

Maybe not a reasonable purchase for you, but I've seen these little rubber doohickeys that you slip over your shoes.  Like tire chains for your feet.

That would be very useful. I'm considering coating my sole in PVC and then dipping it into nails, glass and stones.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

syk

Snow again. Roads are slippery and most drivers behave as if it was their first day in a car. Still things are only 1/4 as bad as predicted. Had 5 cm of snow in the past 6 hours. I approve of the weather.  :thumbsup:

Cecil

Just looked at the forecast for the next 14 days and it looks like it will hold on a steady -5 to -10 C. We´ve not had a winter like this for...I dunno...20 years maybe. :)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Warspite on January 09, 2010, 01:09:03 PM

That would be very useful. I'm considering coating my sole in PVC and then dipping it into nails, glass and stones.

Yak Trax.

I use them when I go running outdoors here.  Never slipped off my running shoes, and I've never slipped on the snow/ice.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2010, 11:36:56 AM
Like tire chains for your feet.

Alternatively, buy snow tires.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I have now determined - scientifically - that leather-soled shoes offer less-than-optimal traction in icy conditions.

Good. Maybe some of you poseurs will break your legs.  :D

syk

Enough snow that school was cancelled for tomorrow.