News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Just got the call:  school canceled for tomorrow.  Long live king Snow!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2010, 05:25:15 PM
Fuck dis shit.

It FINALLY turned to snow here just a few minutes ago.  I was hoping to have an excuse to start my weekend early :angry:

Oh well,  hopefully it doesn't melt too quickly & I can take Tommy sledding in the back yard tomorrow :uffda:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

:nelson: Still rain here.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on February 04, 2010, 06:52:09 PM
Just got the call:  school canceled for tomorrow.  Long live king Snow!

I just want to remind you that Yukon schools never close due to weather.  Ever.

We are: tougher than you.   :showoff:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Cleaned off about 3 inches of snow and salted the driveway. Which will do jack, as another 6-10 inches are expected.

I might just hibernate tomorrow. Screw it.

Admiral Yi

Heard on TV they're forecasting 15 inches or so for DC.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2010, 07:19:46 PM
Heard on TV they're forecasting 15 inches or so for DC.

Or so.

QuoteAccumulation rates as high as 2 to 3 inches an hour were expected to bury the region in up to 2 feet of snow by daybreak Saturday. If the forecasters are right, another 5 to 9 inches of snow is possible before the precipitation ends Saturday evening, with total accumulations of 20 to 30 inches, or more, predicted.

Caliga

We have: an inch or so on the ground.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Didn't get the amounts they said my area would get.  :)

The counties north of me got snow facials from Odin however.

So an hour with the snowblower and a fresh toss of salt on the driveway and I'll be done for today.  :homestar:

DontSayBanana

Went to go shovel my steps and found out that the 20 MPH winds had upped to 30.  Snowed in and miserable.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Capetan Mihali

Fuck the snowpocalypse.   <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 06, 2010, 06:41:25 PM

Yeah, we got fucked hardcore.  Thanks, Momma Nature.  Now I have to find my car.

katmai

Just look for the cheesy Opel.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son