And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2010, 10:17:31 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 08:52:37 AM
The Dazzling Urbanites here have started to panic. Hilarious.

Yep-- unfortunately when it snows everyone panics here.  I passed a dude who was doing 45mph in the middle lane on I-471 this morning when there was no accumulation yet.  And a co-worker was returning a rental car last night & had to go to 3 gas stations before he was able to get gas (the first was so crowded there was no place to get in line & the second was out of gas).

Thankfully, the wife bought bread & milk a couple days ago so I didn't have to fight the tards just to do my normal grocery shopping.
Even here where people are accustomed to snow we still get crowds in places like Super Markets before or after a storm, as people stock up for the fear of weeks of being snowed in! But then, depending on the timing of the storm, other people with families may have to get to the store since they don't want to go during the storm.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 06, 2010, 08:54:14 PM
Yeah, well down here they think spraying little lines of brine on the road somehow helps keep them clear.  :huh:

Also, there are more snowplows in Marlborough than in the entire Louisville area.  :blush:

You think that's bad, Greenup County is so poor they can't (or at least couldn't, back when I lived nearby) afford snow removal equipment, so those jerks always got 3x the snow days we got even though their snow accumulations were usually less.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2010, 10:23:56 AM
We need to trade Germans for fire. We can offer: consonants.
:lol:

P.S. OMG GLOBEL COOLING.... AL GOAR TEH WRONG
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

We can offer: consonants.

You killed the market for c's, y's, & z's after you joined the EU.  Should have held back the supply.

That said, why not just burn consonants for fuel?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Poland offers: JEWS in trade

Germany......ACCEPTS!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on January 07, 2010, 10:39:54 AM
We need to trade Germans for fire. We can offer: consonants.
:lol:

P.S. OMG GLOBEL COOLING.... AL GOAR TEH WRONG

Actually the weather patterns this year are pretty freaky and pretty consistent with what the theorists of global warming are saying. We had snow in October, then up in November, then snow in early December, then fucking +15 C in mid-December, then heavy snow for two days before Christmas, then everything disappeared for Christmas as the temperature went up above freezing and now dropped again to -20 C with heavy snow.

This kind of weather volatility is one of the alleged symptoms of global warming. Plus, Europe itself will actually get colder as a result of global warming, since melting Northern ice cap will kill Gulfstream, thus giving us the kind of weather people have in Canada.

Caliga

Marti I was trying to mock such people with my reply. ^_^

Ed Anger

Fuck it, I'm not going in this afternoon. I'll harass people at the office via webcam and Skype.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Think this is pretty unprecedented:

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 11:30:30 AM
Fuck it, I'm not going in this afternoon. I'll harass people at the office via webcam and Skype.
I admire your solid work ethic, sir.  May I draft you to run for Congress?  :)

Barrister

That's a cool picture B. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Brazen

Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2010, 12:34:58 PM
Ireland is, of course, stubbornly green :P

Grey Fox

Europe enjoying the same weather as we do here. That be quite a sight.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Brazen on January 07, 2010, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2010, 12:34:58 PM
Ireland is, of course, stubbornly green :P

Alcohol freezes at a lower temperature.

Caliga

I wonder how common it is to have total snow cover in, say, western Cornwall. :huh:  Also I wonder if the Scilly Isles have snow.