News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

-24 in Sweden, end of the world here. I hope it clears up next week, I'm supposed to be flying back.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Boo fucking hoo.  Down here, I'm just freezing my nuts off in 20-30 degree weather, without any snow to entertain myself.  The worst of both worlds.

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2010, 06:34:36 PM
Boo fucking hoo.  Down here, I'm just freezing my nuts off in 20-30 degree weather, without any snow to entertain myself.  The worst of both worlds.
How? I can't see a problem.
30 isn't so hot as to be uncomfortable. 20s are quite optimum for summer.
-edit; ah farenheight, forgot about that. Its well hidden these days.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

:lol: Too good to be true.

KRonn

We got another foot of snow (about one third of a meter) over the last weekend. Snowed Saturday and Sunday. Hit mainly southern New England.

Caliga

We still have had no measurable snowfall this year, but that streak is supposed to end tonight with 3-5 inches.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on January 06, 2010, 08:34:27 PM
We still have had no measurable snowfall this year, but that streak is supposed to end tonight with 3-5 inches.  :(
Kentucky will be shut down for a couple of days!   :o

Caliga

Yeah, well down here they think spraying little lines of brine on the road somehow helps keep them clear.  :huh:

Also, there are more snowplows in Marlborough than in the entire Louisville area.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

It is 13-15C here, and my fingers are freezing. 

Grey Fox

Not too cold here. -6, -16 with wind but a cold front is coming -20  for the weekend.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Woke up and I found out my statement of yesterday was a lie.

-31f/-35c this brisk AM, just 20 degrees colder than forecast.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

The Dazzling Urbanites here have started to panic. Hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 08:52:37 AM
The Dazzling Urbanites here have started to panic. Hilarious.

Yep-- unfortunately when it snows everyone panics here.  I passed a dude who was doing 45mph in the middle lane on I-471 this morning when there was no accumulation yet.  And a co-worker was returning a rental car last night & had to go to 3 gas stations before he was able to get gas (the first was so crowded there was no place to get in line & the second was out of gas).

Thankfully, the wife bought bread & milk a couple days ago so I didn't have to fight the tards just to do my normal grocery shopping.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I NEEDED MY CORN CHIPS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

We have snow overload here as well. And -20. More people died from cold this winter than from the swine flu. :P

We need to trade Germans for fire. We can offer: consonants.