News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uganda debates death penalty for gays

Started by DGuller, December 08, 2009, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

After reading Marti's posts on the religion, I wonder if the Westboro church takes donations.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I don't have a problem with fags, but fag enablers just get to me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 01:47:51 PM
This gets touted around a lot but there is little evidence to support that assertion. In fact, two organizations that have always come up in strong support of all US state amendments banning gay marriage are the catholic church and the mormons.

Which is why I said Catholic believers, not the church. Catholics have a long tradition of not doing what their bishops say.

Also, since when am I Orthodox? Once again you talk out of your ass.

Martinus

viper37

This gets touted around a lot but there is little evidence to support that assertion. In fact, two organizations that have always come up in strong support of all US state amendments banning gay marriage are the catholic church and the mormons.
Because of course, being against gay marriage is the same as voting a bill to execute people for the crime of being homosexuals and jailing their accomplices, those who did not report their crime of homosexuality.

The more I think about it, the more I see your point...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2009, 02:13:27 PM
Because of course, being against gay marriage is the same as voting a bill to execute people for the crime of being homosexuals and jailing their accomplices, those who did not report their crime of homosexuality.

The more I think about it, the more I see your point...

Are you retarded? Or are you saying that someone who is not voting for death penalty for gays is "liberal" by the US standards?

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 02:15:24 PM

Are you retarded? Or are you saying that someone who is not voting for death penalty for gays is "liberal" by the US standards?
You're saying Catholics are bloody fanatics because they are agains't gay marriage.  I'm disputing your statement.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 02:05:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2009, 01:49:15 PM
Interesting.  I didn't know that modern Protestantism here was so monolitically conservative.

Are you doubting the view on American protestants coming from an orthodox Russian living in Finland?  <_<
Let me see...
Catholics do not oppose evolution.
Catholics do not bomb abortion clinics.
Catholics do not support the use of gays as practice for seal hunting season.
So far, no Catholic organization has called for the killing of gays, or actively sought them to remind them how their evil ways will lend them in Hell.
Catholics do not oppose homosexual unions outside of churches (like the civil union in Quebec), only marriage (civil or religious).  Try getting that in Mississipi or South Carolina.
Catholics do not seek to actively convert gays away from their homosexuality and return them to normality.

I think there's a pretty long list in favor of Catholics.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2009, 02:18:35 PM

You're saying Catholics are bloody fanatics because they are agains't gay marriage.  I'm disputing your statement.

This went like this:

Me: Catholics in Uganda are supporting gay penalty for gays.
Solmyr: But Catholics in the US are liberal.
Me: Not true. They support ban on gay marriage.

I didn't say catholics in the US are "bloody fanatics", only that they are not liberal. They are bloody fanatics in Uganda.

Is this so hard to understand?

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 02:21:00 PM
This went like this:

I didn't say catholics in the US are "bloody fanatics", only that they are not liberal. They are bloody fanatics in Uganda.

Everyone not gay in Uganda seems to be supporting the DP for gays.  Protestants, catholics and muslims if there are any.

Imho, occidental Catholics, especially in the US, are much more moderate than their Protestants counterparts.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2009, 02:25:22 PM
This went like this:

Everyone not gay in Uganda seems to be supporting the DP for gays.  Protestants, catholics and muslims if there are any.

Imho, occidental Catholics, especially in the US, are much much more moderate than their Protestants counterparts.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2009, 02:18:35 PM

This went like this:

I love the strawmanism.  You are teh funnay.  Dunno why anybody responds seriously to your inane comments, but I enjoy them for the pure fail they embody.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

syk

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2009, 02:25:22 PM
This went like this:

Imho, occidental Catholics, especially in the US, are much much more moderate than their Protestants counterparts.

NSFW! :mad:

viper37

Quote from: syk on December 09, 2009, 04:17:40 PM
NSFW! :mad:
some people might be surprised by their search results, but if they're searching for this, I think they already know it's NSFW :P