Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Maximus on December 10, 2009, 11:39:16 AM
I should point out that I am arguing their position using their histories

FAIL
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2009, 02:57:59 AM
Viper, I think you are confusing "moderate" with "non-crazy". It's true that catholics are, on average, much less likely to have crazy charismatics, snake handlers, flat-earthists and the like (though it has more to do with having a central authority weeding out the crazies than with anything else). However, they are not really more progressive than protestants.

Several protestant groups have stuff like lesbian bishops - something that would be unheard of in the catholic church.
Well, of course, homosexuality is a sin in the Catholic church, yet there are openly gay priests.
And since the Catholic Church is a central authority, of course there will be protestant groups more open to gays, they leave the Catholic Church and found their own Church where they will marry gays in the tradition of catholocism.  But these are fringe groups.

Being "moderate" and "non-crazy" for me is quite similar ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2009, 09:47:03 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 10, 2009, 09:39:17 AM
And magical power crystals are millenia older than that, you dumb cunt.  It doesn't make it any less new-age bullshit.

Go fuck yourself.  I don't need this bullshit.  If you need to believe not thinking Jesus is a zombie jew who committed a blood sacrifice to himself and everything else is "new age bullshit" go right fucking ahead.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2009, 09:32:48 AM
Women preachers? Awful.

They can't testify good enough.

If the woman preacher at my church ends up taking the 'executive' role at my church (we have like 5 or 6 ministers on staff), I'm moving to the smaller church down the street.  Nothing against her personally, but female ministers tend to be either too soft to be taken seriously, or like an annoying nagging mother in law. 

My best friend's dad was the ideal minister-- he had an amazing, booming voice that could get the point across, a great sense of humor, and an overall fatherly demeanor. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2009, 12:36:42 PM
, but female ministers tend to be either too soft to be taken seriously, or like an annoying nagging mother in law. 

:yes:

Plus, women are weak.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive