And we're back!

Main Menu

Uganda debates death penalty for gays

Started by DGuller, December 08, 2009, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 09, 2009, 03:28:18 AM
Oboma voters? All of them, really?

Yes, all of us.  Whatever it is we are doing are saying.  I haven't read the entire thread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: citizen k on December 09, 2009, 03:05:08 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 08, 2009, 04:26:22 PM
Funnily enough, some Catholic and Episcopalian bishops in Africa are among the most vocal opponents of decriminalization of homosexuality. Fucking Christians. I hate them so much.

Thanks for that pic. It rocks. :D

Martinus

Quote from: citizen k on December 09, 2009, 02:57:57 AM
Rick Warren Mentor Tied To Effort Behind Uganda's "Kill the Gays" Bill
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/rick-warren-mentor-tied-t_b_382480.html

I can't even get worked up by this shit anymore. I just want all kinds of "Christianity is nice and fuzzy" people like Valmy to read this. We call on moderate muslims to stand up and oppose atrocities done in the name of Islam by extremists - what have you done to fight Christian fundamentalism, Valmy? If nothing, then you are the enemy.

grumbler

Quote from: citizen k on December 09, 2009, 02:57:57 AM
Rick Warren Mentor Tied To Effort Behind Uganda's "Kill the Gays" Bill
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/rick-warren-mentor-tied-t_b_382480.html
Yeah, this is old news.  I must admit that Warren's whole "purpose-driven society" thing is a hoot.  It is essentially The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, only with Christians instead of Jews, and not a secret.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Well it seems that I'm going to hell.

Not that there were any doubts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

You could repent and give up the gangsta rap...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

but I don't want to give up Evolutionism.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 09, 2009, 03:28:18 AM
Oboma voters? All of them, really?

Leviticus Chapter 24 Verse 23

And Moses spake to the children of Israel, that they should bring forth him that had voted for Obama, and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 09, 2009, 09:18:26 AM
Well it seems that I'm going to hell.

Not that there were any doubts.
Keep in mind that what these people call "hell" (full of the evils of dancing, fornication, drinking, merriment, and tolerance) sounds a hell of a lot more attractive than what they think of as "heaven."

I think they actually have the two places confused, so say 'I certainly hope so" when one of them tells you you are "going to hell."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 05:07:08 AM
I can't even get worked up by this shit anymore. I just want all kinds of "Christianity is nice and fuzzy" people like Valmy to read this. We call on moderate muslims to stand up and oppose atrocities done in the name of Islam by extremists - what have you done to fight Christian fundamentalism, Valmy? If nothing, then you are the enemy.
:bleeding: What have YOU done to fight Christian fundamentalism?  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 05:07:08 AM

Besides reject all their beliefs as false and oppose them politically?  Not sure what else I can do.

It gets hard because the right is courting Christian fundies and the Left thinks all third world fundies are great and should be respected...you know for tolerance's sake.  Fuck that I say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 10:25:28 AM
:bleeding: What have YOU done to fight Christian fundamentalism?  :)
Corrupted the youth? :unsure:

PDH

According to Marty, unless you personally take down a dozen or two fundies you AREN'T DOING ENOUGH.

(then he will bitch about the crime rate in America)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM