News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uganda debates death penalty for gays

Started by DGuller, December 08, 2009, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on December 08, 2009, 04:24:49 PM
Duh. The conventional wisdom on Languish is that you cannot criticize the US for something, as long as there is a single country or place on the face of Earth where the situation is worse.  :rolleyes:
Duh! The conventional wisdom the our gay Polish self-proclaimed lawyer bit of Languish is that the US must have done nothing to oppose any injustice that that gang opposes unless it is done so in channels that even morons cannot ignore.  :rolleyes:

The US has come out in ardent opposition to the bill, and its actions if the bill passed will certainly amount to more than making a motion to remove Uganda from a symbolic international organization.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on December 08, 2009, 05:57:21 PM
The US has come out in ardent opposition to the bill, and its actions if the bill passed will certainly amount to more than making a motion to remove Uganda from a symbolic international organization.

I think you'll find the Commonwealth is far from a symbolic international organization.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Agreed.  United States will never let a senseless massacre happen in Africa without strongly condemning it.

Barrister

On second thought gumbler is probably just trolling wrt the Commonwealth.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on December 08, 2009, 06:07:41 PM

I think you'll find the Commonwealth is far from a symbolic international organization.

I think it is becoming more symbolic with every passing day.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Gambrinus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2009, 03:58:44 PM
See?  I've been telling you people the blacks violently hate the gays for some reason unknown to me. :contract:

Mix missionaries with Kalashnikov-carrying cattle rustlers, and it amazes me anyone could be surprised by the result.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 08, 2009, 07:00:24 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2009, 03:58:44 PM
See?  I've been telling you people the blacks violently hate the gays for some reason unknown to me. :contract:

Mix missionaries with Kalashnikov-carrying cattle rustlers, and it amazes me anyone could be surprised by the result.
You mean +6% revolt risk?

Admiral Yi

Just read that someone proposed Canada be booted from the Commonwealth because of their failure to live up to Kyoto treaty obligations.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 08, 2009, 07:47:04 PM
Just read that someone proposed Canada be booted from the Commonwealth because of their failure to live up to Kyoto treaty obligations.
Well, nobody important.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Well kudos to the US too, then.

citizen k

citizen k

Quote from: Martinus on December 08, 2009, 04:26:22 PM
Funnily enough, some Catholic and Episcopalian bishops in Africa are among the most vocal opponents of decriminalization of homosexuality. Fucking Christians. I hate them so much.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point