News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uganda debates death penalty for gays

Started by DGuller, December 08, 2009, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 09, 2009, 11:04:05 AM
According to Marty, unless you personally take down a dozen or two fundies you AREN'T DOING ENOUGH.

(then he will bitch about the crime rate in America)

'Enraged Texas fan breaks into evangelical church and guns down several UT offensive linemen who were attending services there.'

'Only in America' :rolleyes:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2009, 11:05:33 AM
'Enraged Texas fan breaks into evangelical church and guns down several UT offensive linemen who were attending services there.'

'Only in America' :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure. More likely we'll find you at a church in Tuscaloosa.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 09, 2009, 11:24:27 AM
Yeah, sure. More likely we'll find you at a church in Tuscaloosa.  :P

I will just cap McElroy when he goes home to Southlake for Christmas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 08, 2009, 04:19:50 PM
This has been news for a while now. Kudos to Canada and Harper's conservative government for being so far the only now to actively and loudly oppose this measure (I think they have called for Uganda to be excluded from the Commonwealth or something).

Harper's bizarre.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 05:07:08 AM
I can't even get worked up by this shit anymore. I just want all kinds of "Christianity is nice and fuzzy" people like Valmy to read this. We call on moderate muslims to stand up and oppose atrocities done in the name of Islam by extremists - what have you done to fight Christian fundamentalism, Valmy? If nothing, then you are the enemy.

For all your Catholic hate you don't even realize that US Catholics (here I mean the regular believers, not church officials) are quite liberal on gay issues and many strongly Catholic areas support gay rights. It's the Protestants who are backward conservatives, generally.

Ironically modern Catholicism is by far more liberal than modern Protestantism.

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on December 09, 2009, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2009, 05:07:08 AM
I can't even get worked up by this shit anymore. I just want all kinds of "Christianity is nice and fuzzy" people like Valmy to read this. We call on moderate muslims to stand up and oppose atrocities done in the name of Islam by extremists - what have you done to fight Christian fundamentalism, Valmy? If nothing, then you are the enemy.

For all your Catholic hate you don't even realize that US Catholics (here I mean the regular believers, not church officials) are quite liberal on gay issues and many strongly Catholic areas support gay rights. It's the Protestants who are backward conservatives, generally.

Ironically modern Catholicism is by far more liberal than modern Protestantism.

This gets touted around a lot but there is little evidence to support that assertion. In fact, two organizations that have always come up in strong support of all US state amendments banning gay marriage are the catholic church and the mormons.

Caliga

American Catholics may be liberal, but the Catholic Church: America Chapter isn't.  :contract:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Interesting.  I didn't know that modern Protestantism here was so monolitically conservative.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2009, 01:27:42 PM
I should have spelled it "Ferry" to make it more obvious :(

I got the reference. Good puns should work at face value as well though. :P

Also, I couldn't think of a way to work Ron Harper or Harper Collins into a response.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 09, 2009, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2009, 01:27:42 PM
I should have spelled it "Ferry" to make it more obvious :(

I got the reference. Good puns should work at face value as well though. :P

Also, I couldn't think of a way to work Ron Harper or Harper Collins into a response.

I hate puns anyway :D

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2009, 01:49:15 PM
Interesting.  I didn't know that modern Protestantism here was so monolitically conservative.

Are you doubting the view on American protestants coming from an orthodox Russian living in Finland?  <_<

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 08, 2009, 07:47:04 PM
Just read that someone proposed Canada be booted from the Commonwealth because of their failure to live up to Kyoto treaty obligations.
It's some bunch of "scientists" (read: green leftists with no education in science whatsoever but are still regularly interviewed by left-leaning medias) , quoted by the Guardian.  Search their site, you'll find the article.

Imho, it's payback for our Uganda stance ;)

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.