News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

At the wedding in Rivet City, everyone threw flowers... I threw a Nuka Grenade.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2009, 07:17:22 PM
At the wedding in Rivet City, everyone threw flowers... I threw a Nuka Grenade.  :blush:

I just broke up the relationship.  If I can't be happy nobody can. :mad:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

I Killed Kenny

I'm starting a new game. I already finnished the game once. So, what Mods should I use?

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 23, 2009, 09:46:46 PM
I just broke up the relationship.  If I can't be happy nobody can. :mad:

So did I, in a manner of speaking.  :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

I Killed Kenny

Did anyone play the pitt?

What side that you choose?

grumbler

IKK, a mod you might find interesting is The Road Wardens http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2781.  It can be a bit strange to wander around the wastelands (the pathing for the caravans is a bit strange, like going all the way back to Jury Street when going from Paradise Falls to Agatha's house) but it is an excellent way to explore, and you get enough backup that you can survive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Vince

Quote from: Berkut on May 20, 2009, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2009, 09:07:49 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 20, 2009, 01:28:24 AM
Can any of you recommend a good overhaul mod?

Looking to start up the game again, would like something that makes things a little harder once you reach the teen levels, and any other good changes - but not reallly anything that is going to fundamentally change the game.

You can set it to "hard".

Which doesn't solve the problem. I know this because I played it on hard before.

That just makes the early game more difficult, and the late game is still trivial.

There's a spawn mod out there that will dramatically increase both the number of spawns as well as how many enemies are in that spawn.  For example in the DC ruins it would spawn 6-8 super mutants per encounter.  It does have some flaws (key point in the game because near impossible to get through because there's dozens of bad guys) but it does up the difficulty quite a bit on VH.  I'll see if I can find the name of it when I get home tonight. 

grumbler

Quote from: Vince on June 01, 2009, 01:18:09 PM
There's a spawn mod out there that will dramatically increase both the number of spawns as well as how many enemies are in that spawn.  For example in the DC ruins it would spawn 6-8 super mutants per encounter.  It does have some flaws (key point in the game because near impossible to get through because there's dozens of bad guys) but it does up the difficulty quite a bit on VH.  I'll see if I can find the name of it when I get home tonight. 
I believe that this is Martigen's Mutant Mod.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I just played through the Operation: Anchorage.  It was fairly lame.  You do get some nifty gadgets and it's always neat to see the Fallout world pre-nuclear but otherwise it plays to the weaknesses of the game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

I Killed Kenny

I've been playing Fallout again and I can't wait for a MIT DLC... it will be sweeeeet

Faeelin

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on June 04, 2009, 07:04:49 PM
I've been playing Fallout again and I can't wait for a MIT DLC... it will be sweeeeet

They aren't doing one, which is fortunate because the Commonwealth is yet another one of those things that makes no sense at all in terms of coherent worldbuilding.

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on June 04, 2009, 07:34:36 PM
They aren't doing one, which is fortunate because the Commonwealth is yet another one of those things that makes no sense at all in terms of coherent worldbuilding.
"Coherent worldbuilding?"  In the Fallout universe?  Surely you jest.  The Fallout universe has always been the reverse of "coherent."  Ever play the original two games (especially the second one)?  Nothing "coherent" about New Vegas!

It's all just for fun and the occasional laugh as things get completely incoherent.  I wish BethSoft did more of that, not less.  The President Eden broadcasts (and, in fact, the whole Enclave as they did it) were a start, but not enough.

Bayraktar!

Faeelin

Quote from: grumbler on June 04, 2009, 08:44:34 PM
"Coherent worldbuilding?"  In the Fallout universe?  Surely you jest.  The Fallout universe has always been the reverse of "coherent."  Ever play the original two games (especially the second one)?  Nothing "coherent" about New Vegas!

It's all just for fun and the occasional laugh as things get completely incoherent.  I wish BethSoft did more of that, not less.  The President Eden broadcasts (and, in fact, the whole Enclave as they did it) were a start, but not enough.

New Reno was pretty ridiculous, I'll admit, but was... fun? I just feel it was different; Fallout 2 had its quirks, sure, but none of them were as bad as the idea that there's a society somewhere which is producing self-aware androids in sufficient quantitites to justify an underground railroad to free them... eh. YMMV.

I admit at the end of the day I still have trouble with the fact that the DC Wasteland seems to be populated by some seventy people subsisting on canned food 200 years after the war.

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: Faeelin on June 04, 2009, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: I Killed Kenny on June 04, 2009, 07:04:49 PM

why isn't it coherent? The MIT survived the war and started builing androids, what's the problem?

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on June 05, 2009, 03:40:11 AM
New Reno was pretty ridiculous, I'll admit, but was... fun? I just feel it was different; Fallout 2 had its quirks, sure, but none of them were as bad as the idea that there's a society somewhere which is producing self-aware androids in sufficient quantitites to justify an underground railroad to free them... eh. YMMV.
There you've put your finger on it - Bethesda didn't exploit the fun elements of the zaniness of the Fallout universe nearly as well as the initial games did.  I'm not sure that this was a deliberate attempt to appeal to a different audience, or if they just "didn't get it."  They did some of it, though (the Nuca-Cola guard robots' voice messages are as zany-funny as anything in the original games), so it seems likely this was a deliberate choice.

QuoteI admit at the end of the day I still have trouble with the fact that the DC Wasteland seems to be populated by some seventy people subsisting on canned food 200 years after the war.
Changing the game, clearly initially designed to be within a couple of generations of the war, to being 200 years after the war, added a lot of stuff that was "huh"-worthy in a bad way, not a good one.

Having fewer people was necessary because characters are much more complicated in FO3.  That doesn't bother me so much.

Bayraktar!