COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 17, 2009, 06:35:39 PM
Multiplayer would have been so fun on PC.  :(

It is fun.
You just have to accept the reality of all PC-based FPS.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2009, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 17, 2009, 06:35:39 PM
Multiplayer would have been so fun on PC.  :(

It is fun.
You just have to accept the reality of all PC-based FPS.

Balls. I want dedicated servers with moon-like gravity and repeating grenade launchers. Also looney tune-like sound effects. IW has made this almost impossible. The hacked servers that do appear are likely to be axed quickly and without mercy.

And yes I saw that video of a hacked dedicated server with moon-like gravity and repeating grenade launchers.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Mostly all I see on there is cheats.  Match goes on for 3 minutes and then one guy launches a nuke and laughs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2009, 07:04:50 PM
Balls. I want dedicated servers with moon-like gravity and repeating grenade launchers. Also looney tune-like sound effects. IW has made this almost impossible. The hacked servers that do appear are likely to be axed quickly and without mercy.

And yes I saw that video of a hacked dedicated server with moon-like gravity and repeating grenade launchers.

That wasn't a real dedicated server despite the title of the video.  That was standard IWnet ranked matchmaking, with the host using the hacked developer's console.  Since clients host the games locally instead of a dedicated server like every other PC FPS,  the user can hack the settings to whatever they want once they become host.  What you saw in the video can happen anytime the host migrates to a person that has those hacks on their computer.  They still don't have real dedicated servers ready, but they can change any of the settings on IWnet.

They've also unlocked three hidden game modes.  Presumbly that IW was planning on charging for.

FunkMonk

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 18, 2009, 07:43:34 PM

That wasn't a real dedicated server despite the title of the video.  That was standard IWnet ranked matchmaking, with the host using the hacked developer's console.  Since clients host the games locally instead of a dedicated server like every other PC FPS,  the user can hack the settings to whatever they want once they become host.  What you saw in the video can happen anytime the host migrates to a person that has those hacks on their computer.  They still don't have real dedicated servers ready, but they can change any of the settings on IWnet.

They've also unlocked three hidden game modes.  Presumbly that IW was planning on charging for.

Sounds cool. Not as cool as dedicated servers, but still cool. I wonder if that guy has been banned yet.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DisturbedPervert

What happens if you get banned by valve anti cheat?  Do you jut get banned on that one game, or is from all Steam games?

Razgovory

I think I may just uninstall this one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 18, 2009, 08:11:09 PM
What happens if you get banned by valve anti cheat?  Do you jut get banned on that one game, or is from all Steam games?

IP ban from Steam.

CountDeMoney

Most annoying development so far: people running around doing nothing but knife kills.

I've started sniping with my claymore underneath me, just to get the fuckers post-kill.

Lucidor

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 22, 2009, 08:36:38 PM
I've started sniping with my claymore underneath me, just to get the fuckers post-kill.
Just like the brave men and women in Iraq, I bet. :lol:

DGuller

BTW, is there any good online guide for playing multiplayer FPS games like this?  Sometimes I feel like I'm getting slaughtered out there, and I'm sure that there are some basics that I'm missing.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 04:42:56 PM
BTW, is there any good online guide for playing multiplayer FPS games like this?  Sometimes I feel like I'm getting slaughtered out there, and I'm sure that there are some basics that I'm missing.

-be quick
-aim for the head

DGuller

I'm already doing that, but sometimes I feel like I'm a one-man Chinese human wave.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 04:42:56 PM

A general guide:

Kill your teammates
Rocket launchers are your friend
Vehicles in the game? Run over everybody.
Planes in the game? Kill your teammates waiting for planes to spawn
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive