News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

It was just an excuse to let the player kill hundreds of American soldiers at the end.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Scipio

WOw.  That is one retarded storyline.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on November 15, 2009, 12:02:35 AM
It was just an excuse to let the player kill hundreds of American soldiers at the end.

That theory is as good as any.  The game is fun, but really stupid.  I liked the missions where you played as an American solider the best.  I never liked the limey assholes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Look for me online sometime.  Screenie is "IdiotAmin".

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2009, 04:46:43 AM
on what system?
I am not sure but don't think anyone beyond raz bought it for pc :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 15, 2009, 04:58:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2009, 04:46:43 AM
on what system?
I am not sure but don't think anyone beyond raz bought it for pc :P
The servers are multi-platform, aren't they?

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2009, 07:46:37 AMThe servers are multi-platform, aren't they?

There are no servers, one player acts as a temporary host for everyone else.  And no, you can't play cross platform.  Other than Shadow Run which allowed 360-PC play I don't think any games allow crossplatform multi.  Gamepads just get raped too hard by mouse and keyboard to allow it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 15, 2009, 02:02:30 PM
Gamepads just get raped too hard by mouse and keyboard to allow it.

And rightfully so, dammit.

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 15, 2009, 02:02:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2009, 07:46:37 AMThe servers are multi-platform, aren't they?

There are no servers, one player acts as a temporary host for everyone else.  And no, you can't play cross platform.  Other than Shadow Run which allowed 360-PC play I don't think any games allow crossplatform multi.  Gamepads just get raped too hard by mouse and keyboard to allow it.

:(  But I would like to rape the gamepads.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2009, 02:04:23 AM
The game is fun, but really stupid. 

Yep.  I finished the game but had to go to wikipedia to even figure out what the storyline was supposed to be.  Gen. Shepherd's character still confuses me a bit.

I liked most of the missions except for the first one in Rio.  A thousand soccer jersey-clad Brazilians popping out from every direction = annoying.

Played a couple Spec Ops missions-- the 2nd one with the waves of Russkies attacking was pretty cool.  UAV = good, clean fun (though the AC130 mission in COD4 was a bit better).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Do you get to shoot a thousand Brazilians though?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2009, 03:34:57 PM
Do you get to shoot a thousand Brazilians though?

A Bazillion Brazilians.  But they pop out of the slums like monkeys in trees.  I kept wondering, why the fuck am I here?  Why are these people attacking me?  I thought similar things about the Oil rig mission (where you get swarmed by Russians in the smoke).  We can't blow up this Russian oil rig because the Russians have take the Russian workers hostage.  Oh, go ahead and kill everyone in the airport and Nuke the East Coast.  Just don't kill those 7 hostages.

I had to check the wikipedia entry on the plot as well.  The general turning on you seems entirely random ( I thought it might be because Price nuked Washington).  You don't even get to kill the Bad Russian guy!

FunkMonk

The story is basically The Rock Redux, except more incoherent and ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm getting more proficient with this shitty gamepad. Popping people left and right with the SCAR w/ACOG sight is very pleasing. Also satisfying was sneaking behind a group of five enemies and knifing each one in succession. The last guy happened to get a few shots at me behind I plunged my knife into his chest. The Commando perk essentially teleports you fifteen feet. Too fucking bad, assholes.   :menace:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.