News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 04:42:56 PM
BTW, is there any good online guide for playing multiplayer FPS games like this?  Sometimes I feel like I'm getting slaughtered out there, and I'm sure that there are some basics that I'm missing.

God knows how many hacks there are out there, so don't feel bad.
I routinely finish in the bottom half.  But it's still fun.

Grenades, grenades, grenades.
My best friend is the M79 Grenade Launcher.  Or as someone called me with it, "the noob tube".

Ed Anger

I forgot about grenade spamming people.  :blush:

Toss every grenade you have as quickly as possible DG. Especially in games that give you a bunch.

Extra pro tip: Pop smoke on your own sniper positions.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 23, 2009, 06:45:19 PM

Toss every grenade you have as quickly as possible DG. Especially in games that give you a bunch.

Meh, COD only gives you a small amount.

I use a claymore and the Scavenger bonus, so I litter the fucking map with them and hide.  Drives the zergers crazy.

Ed Anger

Back in the day when I played Novalogic's Blackhawk Down, the game gave you 6 claymores. So on the urban map, I'd place them on the ends of buildings in an alley entrance. A guy runs past, he gets a faceful of metal.

And place them in the helicopters. Dude runs in to use the chaingun, BAM!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 23, 2009, 06:56:01 PM
I'd place them on the ends of buildings in an alley entrance. A guy runs past, he gets a faceful of metal.

I put them at the top of the stairs, as opposed to the bottom.  That way, it's the last thing they see. LULZ

Ed Anger

DGuller

I love grenades.  I once finished a deathmatch by perfectly timing a greande to explode just as it rolled to a stop between the crouching guy's legs.  That was one cool end of match video.  Unfortunately, at least at my level, I only get one frag.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 07:25:03 PM

I love grenades.  I once finished a deathmatch by perfectly timing a greande to explode just as it rolled to a stop between the crouching guy's legs.  That was one cool end of match video.  Unfortunately, at least at my level, I only get one frag.

Earn the Martyrdom deathstreak.  When it kicks in, you'll drop a grenade when you die.  Then watch the fun.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 07:25:03 PM

Remember, to the online game fags, grenades make you a n00b and have no place in warfare. So track the guy that complains down and kill him repeatedly.

Let Unca Seedy and Unca Ed teach you the way.

DGuller

Sniping is one thing that I just can't get a hang of at all.  Whenever I arm myself with a sniper rifle, it seems to function like a huge bulls-eye.  Most of the time I get picked off before I get anyone in sights.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 07:29:11 PM
Sniping is one thing that I just can't get a hang of at all.  Whenever I arm myself with a sniper rifle, it seems to function like a huge bulls-eye.  Most of the time I get picked off before I get anyone in sights.

You have to start earning the shit like Cold-Blooded and Ninja, so you don't show up on UAV or heartbeat sensors.

Alcibiades

Yeah, I use a thermal sight on my 50 cal., throws me off when the enemies have cold blooded.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

I love the heartbeat detector.  It costs you a sight on your rifle, but that's no biggie, sight doesn't help you when you don't know where to look.  It's especially a monster in tight confines, where you can't be easily sniped from afar.

DGuller

Damn, I was really on fire tonight.  I ran up a streak of 15 kills, and only died because I was out of ammo, and had to engage a guy with a riot shield in a melee fight.  I think I'm starting to get a hang of it.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 07:29:11 PM

I managed to pull off some pretty good runs as sniper in COD4. Coolest one had to be when I defended our base in sabotage by  killing 4 guys who assaulted it together, before they could plant the bomb. You just have to learn at which spots you are covered well.