News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2009, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2009, 03:34:57 PM
Do you get to shoot a thousand Brazilians though?

A Bazillion Brazilians.  But they pop out of the slums like monkeys in trees.  I kept wondering, why the fuck am I here?  Why are these people attacking me?  I thought similar things about the Oil rig mission (where you get swarmed by Russians in the smoke).  We can't blow up this Russian oil rig because the Russians have take the Russian workers hostage.  Oh, go ahead and kill everyone in the airport and Nuke the East Coast.  Just don't kill those 7 hostages.

I had to check the wikipedia entry on the plot as well.  The general turning on you seems entirely random ( I thought it might be because Price nuked Washington).  You don't even get to kill the Bad Russian guy!

Hmmm, kill a bunch of eggplants.

*adds to the bargain bin list*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 15, 2009, 05:12:19 PM
Video games rot your mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY    :lol:

My opinion of the game went up because of that.  If it causes emo kids to hurt themselves, I'm all for it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

You don't even get to kill the Bad Russian guy!

And where did the Russian guy come from that helps you in the end?? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2009, 10:55:07 PM
You don't even get to kill the Bad Russian guy!

And where did the Russian guy come from that helps you in the end??

You rescue him in the first game.  So I suppose he's just very grateful.  Also useful what with his two private helicopters and personal C-130.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DisturbedPervert

Modern Warfare 2 recalled and banned in Russia pending a new censored version

http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellforge/Console-Versions-of-Modern-Warfare-2-Banned-in-Russia

Every copy of the console version of Modern Warfare 2 has been recalled from stores in Russia due to the content of the "No Russian" mission, better known as the controversial airport massacre level. Likewise, Infinity Ward has released an official patch for the PC and Steam versions of Modern Warfare 2, entirely removing the mission from the game.

Pending validation from the Russian government, the censored console versions of the game are expected to be released within less than a month, with the mission removed.

The game's content has raised the ire of the Russian gaming public as well as a number of politicians who object to its portrayal of Russia's armed forces as terrorists who invade the United States and subsequently erect statues of dead terrorists in Washington D.C.

Russian gaming website GotPS3 voiced their anger over the game's storyline, which they criticized as catering to a primarily American audience with total disregard towards other cultures, especially the Russians, whom the game depicts as terrorists.

As it is, Russian gamers who wish to play the game will have to choose from purchasing the gutted Steam version, ordering the US/EU version of Modern Warfare 2 from eBay, or waiting for an indefinite period of time for the censored version to be released, pending validation. 

Thanks, Warrax, for providing a Russian source.

:lol: if they think Russian gamers are going to wait to use those methods of getting the game

Razgovory

I haven't tried a multi-player FPS in a while and I admit it is kinda fun.

CountDeMoney

QuoteRussian gaming website GotPS3 voiced their anger over the game's storyline, which they criticized as catering to a primarily American audience with total disregard towards other cultures, especially the Russians, whom the game depicts as terrorists.

I don't see the problem here.

Grey Fox

You mean Activision published a game for Americans only? They barely publish games for gamers nowadays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2009, 11:20:28 PM
You rescue him in the first game.  So I suppose he's just very grateful.  Also useful what with his two private helicopters and personal C-130.

Okay, I remember that now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2009, 03:23:18 AM
I haven't tried a multi-player FPS in a while and I admit it is kinda fun.

The multiplayer has an arcade-like quality, hence the hook.

BACKSTABBER +5000!!!! LEVEL UP
EAGLE EYE +1000!!!! LEVEL UP
BEEF STROKER +2000!!!! LEVEL UP
PILLOW BITER +50000000!!!! LEVEL UP
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Well, I like it.
It will hold me over until BF1943 is released.

DGuller

I got the game today, and just when it was about to get interesting, it crashes while loading the airport mission.  Target must've gotten the cut-rate Russian versions.  This is the second COD game in a row that crashes on its third mission load, I'd be damned if I bought another turd from them ever again.  I'll now read up on Target's software return policy.

DGuller

Reading up done.  Fuck them and their piece of shit games.

Habbaku

Why not just e-mail the company and ask for a replacement?

Or, better yet, pirate it without feeling any bad feelings?  Tamas can help you.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien