News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Finally got it going.  Not as good as World at War even from a technical standpoint.  Game is kinda confusing to play.  Also playing as the American you die pretty damn quick.  I would have thought the makers would be Brits considering how much SAS cock is sucked so far.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Die in a fire IW!

Also, 6 hours for a Single Player FPS not named Half-Life is pretty good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Half-life was more plausible.  I'm waiting for Cobra Commander or the Brotherhood of NOD to come and tie things up.  Also you'd think that the Russian army would sorta standardize their weaponry.  They carry MP5s and FAMAS carbines and those weird looking Austrian rifles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

lustindarkness

COD Modern Warfare 2, no battlefield. Have it on PS3, a well done game, campaign bit short but well done. The multiplayer is where it shines for me, we had a full room playing together yesterday and it was great fun, some of the maps are pretty damn big, and in some it is easy to get lost. Give it a few more days for the glitches and hacks to start.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Yeah, way to f up the title, Seedy :D

I cracked it open yesterday & started on the single player campaign.  I'm still a little confused by how the, ehm, controversial part fits with the story.  I mean, I know how it fits into the plot, but it's not the least bit plausible.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

I don't think I'll be buying this game.  My inner Fahdiz is a little disturbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1X4n-_kf4
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 01:46:26 PM
Yeah, way to f up the title, Seedy :D

I cracked it open yesterday & started on the single player campaign.  I'm still a little confused by how the, ehm, controversial part fits with the story.  I mean, I know how it fits into the plot, but it's not the least bit plausible.

What?  Taking a Private from the special forces out of Afghanistan and make him an agent in the CIA over the course of a day?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2009, 03:08:45 PM
What?  Taking a Private from the special forces out of Afghanistan and make him an agent in the CIA over the course of a day?

That's part of it, yeah.  But putting all that aside, the work he was expected to do seemed way over the top.  The CIA does enter some moral gray areas sometimes (and God love them for it) but that was ridiculous.  And the payoff for the risk in getting him involved with something like that was: ???
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Kleves

That was as believable as the sun rising in the east compared to what happened next.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

lustindarkness

I know you guys are not discussing how believable this game is. There is nothing believable in the whole story!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

I think I might have gotten nuked again. Fuck all.  Every British soldier: James Bond.  Americans: Nuke bait.  Why can't they invade and destroy Britain for once?

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 12, 2009, 04:31:11 PM
I know you guys are not discussing how believable this game is. There is nothing believable in the whole story!

Fair point, but they could have at least made an effort to put forth a coherent plot.  I should let it go, but it makes my head hurt.

Strix

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 04:59:04 PM

Fair point, but they could have at least made an effort to put forth a coherent plot.  I should let it go, but it makes my head hurt.

You have to think of the average audience they are appealing to with the game.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2009, 04:59:04 PM

Coherence would be nice.  I'm not even sure who the bad guys are.  Are they some crazed terrorists or are they running the government?

Barrister

Heh - apparently Microsoft has banned almost one million users after detecting shipped/modded XBoxes.  Many of them were from people playing a pirated MW2 before the game was even released.

:nelson all you pirates!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.