News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rome: Total War

Started by Solmyr, February 05, 2010, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Just got this + Barbarian Invasion for 10 yuros. Which mods should I get?

Sahib

Most definitively Europa Barbarorum.
Rome Total  Realism, perhaps.
Maybe some mod for BI thought I don't if there is good/stable enough one.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

DisturbedPervert

I tried Europa Barbarorum, it was unplayable for me.  Buggy and performance was just terrible, like nothing I've had even in modern games.

Sahib

Yeah I've actually forgotten that but yes, EB was pretty slow even on relatively modern computer. Not sure about bugged, looked rather polished in fact.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Warspite

I think you need Napoleon: Total War to play Rome.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Octavian

Get Europa Barbarum and Invasio Barbaroum (I think it's called) for BI
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Alcibiades

Quote from: Warspite on February 05, 2010, 01:17:33 PM
I think you need Napoleon: Total War to play Rome.

...but is Rome an expansion or stand-alone to Napoleon?   :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Agelastus

Quote from: Solmyr on February 05, 2010, 10:24:43 AM
Just got this + Barbarian Invasion for 10 yuros. Which mods should I get?

Europa Barbarorum for Rome (it's what I am playing at the moment.)

Invasio Barbarorum for BI (I love rebuilding the entire empire from with the Western Romans.)

My old computer, before it blew (again) had about twenty mods on it for Rome. The laptop I am using at the moment has six on it.

I'd advise you to go here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214 and take your pick.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Solmyr

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. So is BI somehow separate, since people suggest I get mods both for base game and BI?

Agelastus

Quote from: Solmyr on February 05, 2010, 04:08:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. So is BI somehow separate, since people suggest I get mods both for base game and BI?

Because it covers a different period, and because the game itself has slightly different features (BI includes night battles, the ability of some units to swim rivers, and shield wall formation) there are mods based on both BI and Rome.

Some mods use the Alexander executable instead, as allegedly it has a superior AI.

Many of the mods have unofficial conversions for them to work on other versions of Rome to that which they are designed for (for example, Europa Barbarorum has one conversion that has it run on BI, and one that lets it run using Alex.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."