News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on November 17, 2009, 12:35:49 AM
Why not just e-mail the company and ask for a replacement?

Or, better yet, pirate it without feeling any bad feelings?  Tamas can help you.
I can get a replacement even at Target, or maybe even at Steaming pile.  The problem is, I doubt that will accomplish anything.  I don't see how this can be a bad media problem.

DGuller

Ok, I reinstalled the game, now I can slaughter Russian civilians to my heart's desire.  I'm up to the point where Russians attack Virginia.  Is it just me, or does the whole plot seem a little far-fetched?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2009, 03:24:01 AM
Ok, I reinstalled the game, now I can slaughter Russian civilians to my heart's desire.  I'm up to the point where Russians attack Virginia.  Is it just me, or does the whole plot seem a little far-fetched?

Don't worry, it gets far more realistic after that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2009, 12:15:07 AM
I got the game today, and just when it was about to get interesting, it crashes while loading the airport mission.  Target must've gotten the cut-rate Russian versions.  This is the second COD game in a row that crashes on its third mission load, I'd be damned if I bought another turd from them ever again.  I'll now read up on Target's software return policy.

I kept getting crashes to the desktop until I remembered to update my graphics card.  Good to go.

Grey Fox

Dedicated servers & Lean have been hacked into the game thanks to the developers console.

Just gotta wait now to see if Valve will do something.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2009, 08:23:01 AM
Dedicated servers & Lean have been hacked into the game thanks to the developers console.

They'll probably end up banned while the wallhackers and aimbotters are left alone

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 09:27:10 AM

They'll probably end up banned while the wallhackers and aimbotters are left alone

Which are becoming quite annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Maybe this game is saying something very profound, and very sad, about the future of Americans.  Maybe they're saying that Americans will be so fat in the future that even the elites among them would be unable to lean without losing (game) balance.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2009, 03:04:08 PM
Maybe this game is saying something very profound, and very sad, about the future of Americans.  Maybe they're saying that Americans will be so fat in the future that even the elites among them would be unable to lean without losing (game) balance.

Russians, British, Afghans, and Brazilians as well.  Though I think the "Afghanis" speak Arabic.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2009, 03:18:28 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2009, 03:04:08 PM

Russians, British, Afghans, and Brazilians as well.  Though I think the "Afghanis" speak Arabic.
I guess it's also saying something about cultural imperialism then.

Razgovory

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2009, 03:43:15 PM
Or lazy programing.
I guess they only had enough resources to work on the plot.

FunkMonk

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 09:27:10 AM

Unfortunately you're probably right.

Multiplayer would have been so fun on PC.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2009, 04:29:59 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2009, 03:24:01 AM

Don't worry, it gets far more realistic after that.
Hmm, I have to be honest, I don't see it.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain