And we're back!

Main Menu

Women in combat

Started by CountDeMoney, November 07, 2009, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2009, 09:22:41 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 09:12:29 PM
She-Hulk has significantly more muscle mass than the Invisible Woman, for example.

I'd think Wonder Woman would have them both beat, however.
She-Hulk is significantly larger than Wonder Woman, and is strong on a similar scale.  Even within the DC Universe, Power Girl is larger and as strong or stronger than Wonder Woman.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

Sorry, but she's not much bigger than Wonder Woman, imo. At least compared to the more recent Wonder Woman comics.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 09:40:05 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2009, 09:22:41 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 09:12:29 PM
She-Hulk has significantly more muscle mass than the Invisible Woman, for example.

I'd think Wonder Woman would have them both beat, however.
She-Hulk is significantly larger than Wonder Woman, and is strong on a similar scale.  Even within the DC Universe, Power Girl is larger and as strong or stronger than Wonder Woman.
She's certainly larger. :perv:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

And really... Power Girl?  :x

Compared to this??

No contest. Wonder Woman, hands down. :wub:

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2009, 08:57:58 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2009, 08:49:44 PM
Beeb, do you mean Canadian women are serving as grunts in infantry squads?
Yes.
You have any cites on this?  Neither of your links stated this to be true.  Artillery, yes (and that is further than the US goes) but nothing about infantry. I'd be interested to know just how many Canadian infantrymen are female.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on November 08, 2009, 10:13:28 PM
Yes.
You have any cites on this?  Neither of your links stated this to be true.  Artillery, yes (and that is further than the US goes) but nothing about infantry. I'd be interested to know just how many Canadian infantrymen are female.

From one of my links (the CBC one)

QuoteAbout two per cent of Canadian regular force combat troops are women

and of course

QuoteCanada is considered a progressive nation with respect to its policy of equal access and full gender integration in its Armed Forces.

not to mention

QuoteThe Canadian Armed Forces opened all occupations, including combat roles, to women in 1989. Only submarines were excluded and they followed in 2000.

Of course I would dare to say that there are NO female infantrymen. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on November 08, 2009, 10:13:28 PM
Yes.

It's stated in the article that I posted, as well. Canada is cited as the most forward-thinking country as it regards women in the military.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2009, 09:55:08 PM
Sorry, but she's not much bigger than Wonder Woman, imo. At least compared to the more recent Wonder Woman comics.
She's significantly larger than Wonder Woman.  For one thing, she's quite a bit taller.

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

She certainly is in that pic. :blink:

You win; She-Hulk has more muscle mass than Wonder Woman. But Wonder Woman still kicks ass. :wub:

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2009, 09:59:34 PM
And really... Power Girl?  :x
Depends on the artist.  Kara is usually been depicted as having more of a bodybuilder's physique than Wonder Woman.  Of course, certain artists draw her with a stock body but an extra large rack.

merithyn

Her action figure is much cooler than the drawn pics I've found. I know nothing of her story, though.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on November 08, 2009, 10:39:52 PM
Her action figure is much cooler than the drawn pics I've found. I know nothing of her story, though.

Kara?  She's an alternate version of Supergirl.  However, her continuity has changed so many times over her 40-year lifespan that she's had at least half-a-dozen different powersets and origins.  She seems to have settled down into alternate-universe Kryptonian over the last few years though.

Personally, I've always liked Kara.  She was part of the good-old-days of the Justice League.

CountDeMoney

Here Meri, here's some heroines for you.

http://www.docomics.com/main.html

I'd type NSFW, but it's me...so I don't have to, now do I?

merithyn