News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Hey...Travis "Fuck Trent Green" Johnson has been traded to the Chargers.   :( 

MadBurgerMaker

Eh.  Aside from the dumbass moment on the first play of the game (the Vikes actually ran right where Travis Johnson's fatass used to be heh) and the occasional inability to tackle, the defense looked better than I thought it would with the FNG's out in the secondary (no Berrian though), and Cushing still not playing, etc.  They at least showed up for the most part, so that helps.

Schaub seems to just have a sprained ankle when it looked like he slipped a little running out of bounds.  Doesn't look like a big deal.  I'm actually more concerned about the fullback, #44.   Nevermind...he's playing.  :)

Alcibiades

Peterson looked good on the first play of the game...otherwise you guys didn't manage to kill Favre as I had hoped.  Put him on his back a few times though. :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 31, 2009, 08:50:00 PM
Peterson looked good on the first play of the game...otherwise you guys didn't manage to kill Favre as I had hoped.  Put him on his back a few times though. :)

Yeah, I think I counted 5, maybe 6 knockdowns, plus the two sacks (and including the silly roughing call), but none of them were as hard as I would have liked.  No more broken ribs, I don't think.

Hey look at DanO heaving the ball around.  Edit:  And still looking like a backup.  :P

Fuck Brett Favre.  I want blood.  They need Travis Johnson right now.  Resign him just long enough to step on Favre's throat and laugh about it.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 02:37:24 PM
Also, Bruschi retired.

Farewell old friend.  :cry: :cheers:

He always annoyed me with the way he spoke.  Did he have a speech impediment or something?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2009, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 02:37:24 PM
Also, Bruschi retired.

Farewell old friend.  :cry: :cheers:

He always annoyed me with the way he spoke.  Did he have a speech impediment or something?
Maybe I don't notice it because I've heard him speak so often, but I don't think he sounds weird. :unsure:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4434484
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Vince

Quote from: alfred russel on August 31, 2009, 03:01:05 PM
Quote from: Vince on August 30, 2009, 09:09:11 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 26, 2009, 06:56:19 PM
Vince, we should organize a Utica Languish meetup for October 25th to watch the Raiders and Jets game.  Got a preferred sports bar in the area?

No preference on a place I haven't been to a sports bar for football since I moved back from Syracuse.  Just let me know

Are you from Syracuse? Have you eaten at Dinosaur's? I love that place, and it's not a bad place to catch a game.

I lived there for 4 years until I moved back to Utica.  Yeah Dinosaur's is good eatin... :mmm:

jimmy olsen

NFL live says Orton dislocated his finger pretty badly and might miss the first couple of days. :pinch:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

So, here's something funny.  The Bengals' first-round bust, who held out for almost the entire preseason (something that pretty much ends his chances of contributing to the team this year, and seriously reduces his prospects for long-term NFL success) has broken his foot, and will miss more time.

The NFL needs a rookie payscale.  The Bengals need a GM, and a player that has an ounce of character.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2009, 08:03:40 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2009, 08:00:35 AM
The Bengals need a player that has an ounce of character.

They have him, his name is Quan Cosby :punk:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81230b30
He played pro baseball.  No character in him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on August 31, 2009, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 31, 2009, 04:07:22 PM
Tedy Bruschi is going to retire.

Sad because the greatest Arizona Wildcat ever is done playing football.

Good because I can go back to hating the Pats.
McAlister has a legitimate Super Bowl ring.

McAlister was certainly a great Wildcat, but he was a juco transfer, and never had the charisma or connection with the school that Bruschi has had,and hopefully will continue to have.

He did utterly dominate the game though. Two years of opposing QBs simple not throwing to his side of the field.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall