News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2009, 11:16:44 AM
I've been looking at NFL.com's online video subscription. However, as I get 3 or 4 live matches per week during the regular season on ESPN I guess I'll skip their "bargain" 240 USD offer.

And slightly OT: Can someone recommend me a college team to root for?

1) Please don't call them 'matches'. thanks.

2) College teams. USC, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma. You can't go wrong with the established powers.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I've been looking at NFL.com's online video subscription. However, as I get 3 or 4 live matches per week during the regular season on ESPN I guess I'll skip their "bargain" 240 USD offer.

The thing about NCAA teams is that there are over 100.

Don't you have a sister or something in Pittsburgh - maybe cheer for Pitt?

Maybe good ole Notre Dame?  It has a huge following so gets tons of coverage (the one team, Notre Dame, has an exclusive deal with NBC.  NBC only broadcasts Notre Dame games).  But it's been pretty mediocre, which is both good and bad.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Olde skool: Penn State.

Glitz and glam: Texas Tech.

Strix

Syracuse is a good school!

A bit down on their luck lately but a new coach, so they can only get better. They have a good history with a lot of ex-NFL players and HoFers plus a National Title. They aren't a popular bandwagon choice so you won't get razzed for that.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on August 30, 2009, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2009, 07:02:44 AM
The Ravens first team defense has only allowed 3 total points in 3 preseason games.

Now you know how it feels to be the NIT Champion in College Basketball.

Keep talking, Rapistburger.  Santonio Holmes still hasn't broken the plane of the endzone, or put his other foot down in Tampa. 
There will be a reckoning.

CountDeMoney

However, as I get 3 or 4 live matches per week

:bleeding:

QuoteAnd slightly OT: Can someone recommend me a college team to root for?

Definitely not Ohio State.  Too gay.  Unless you like to wear bright red gay sweater vests and lose on the road.  Or suck massive cock.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2009, 12:14:08 PM

The thing about NCAA teams is that there are over 100.

Don't you have a sister or something in Pittsburgh - maybe cheer for Pitt?

Maybe good ole Notre Dame?  It has a huge following so gets tons of coverage (the one team, Notre Dame, has an exclusive deal with NBC.  NBC only broadcasts Notre Dame games).  But it's been pretty mediocre, which is both good and bad.

Yeah, her husband is a native Pittsburgher. However, Panthers don't get any coverage here. Guess I'll stick with the Pittsburgh support, though. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2009, 01:14:24 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2009, 01:07:47 PM
However, as I get 3 or 4 live matches per week

:bleeding:

What? Lack of coverage? Or use of "match"?

MATCH MATCH MATCH

Let's see...you're German, and there is a traditional German settlement history that would cover Penn State, Wisconsin or Iowa. 
None of these teams kill Jews though and only one team wears black, so root for Iowa.

Ed Anger

My scarlet sweater vest is stylish. And isn't worn out in public. Or much at all.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2009, 01:42:06 PM
My scarlet sweater vest is stylish. And isn't worn out in public. Or much at all.

Eat shit and die.  I hope your wife gets assraped by Mike Tomczak.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2009, 12:29:04 PM
Olde skool: Penn State.

Glitz and glam: Texas Tech.

Texas Tech?  Have you ever been to Lubbock?  Nay the Glitz and Glam resides in Austin Texas.  Root for Texas Syt you know you want to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2009, 01:43:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2009, 01:42:06 PM

Eat shit and die.  I hope your wife gets assraped by Mike Tomczak.

She might enjoy that.

Ed Anger

I seem to remember Sweetass mentioning a sister at Ft. Riley. So, maybe Kansas? Mangino will eat your soul.