And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 30, 2009, 08:16:58 PM
In which NSFW topic should I post the pictures in the backroom?   :elvis:
Well, you are a member, so member pics would probably be alright.  Still, it is significant enough that you could probably start a new thread.

If possible, avoid posting photographs of your penis.  Thank you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 26, 2009, 06:56:19 PM
Vince, we should organize a Utica Languish meetup for October 25th to watch the Raiders and Jets game.  Got a preferred sports bar in the area?

No preference on a place I haven't been to a sports bar for football since I moved back from Syracuse.  Just let me know

MadBurgerMaker

Ah...the Monday night beatdown of the Texans begins in only a few short hours.  Of course, quite a few of the mook Houston fans have already gone into total panic mode and are beginning to squeal about firing Kubiak and the brand new DC after two preseason games, so I guess it doesn't really matter how bad it gets. 

Hey maybe they'll win (it's not good enough fire Kubiak it's only a preseason game he sucks).

Edit: Syt:  Penn State.   Fairly close to Pittsburgh, more TV time than Pitt.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: Vince on August 30, 2009, 09:09:11 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 26, 2009, 06:56:19 PM
Vince, we should organize a Utica Languish meetup for October 25th to watch the Raiders and Jets game.  Got a preferred sports bar in the area?

No preference on a place I haven't been to a sports bar for football since I moved back from Syracuse.  Just let me know

Are you from Syracuse? Have you eaten at Dinosaur's? I love that place, and it's not a bad place to catch a game.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 02:37:24 PM
Favre has a cracked rib!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4434939

Also, Bruschi retired.
A prima donna laid low, a cheater calls it quits.

A good day.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Favre, who signed a $25 million deal with the Vikings on Aug. 18, completed just one pass for four yards over two series in his Minnesota debut just days later.

That's an ROI of $6,250,000/yd.

I wonder what Hershel Walker is up to these days anyway.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Favre is still going to play so there is nothing all that exciting to this story.  He will just hurt a bit more when he throws those interceptions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Tedy Bruschi is going to retire.

Sad because the greatest Arizona Wildcat ever is done playing football.

Good because I can go back to hating the Pats.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on August 31, 2009, 04:07:22 PM

When a player I like go to the pats, I enact the damnatio memoriae.

Vrabel? Erased
Galloway? Gone from memory
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on August 31, 2009, 04:07:22 PM

McAlister has a legitimate Super Bowl ring.

Alcibiades

Why did the ravens release mcalister exactly?  :unsure:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 31, 2009, 05:02:50 PM
Why did the ravens release mcalister exactly?  :unsure:
He was getting injured and pulling down big time money.  It's hard to pay a guy $11 million a season when he's missed most of the last two seasons (especially a 10-year vet at a position as youth-oriented as cornerback), and the Ravens needed cap space.

They don't have any corner that is as good as McAlister right now, but they have several guys who are fairly good.  McAlister still isn't rehabed from his injury, but provided his knee can hold up, he'll be playing somewhere, although not for $11 million.