News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2009, 02:32:57 PM
I seem to remember Sweetass mentioning a sister at Ft. Riley. So, maybe Kansas? Mangino will eat your soul.

The deployment history of her husband since the 1980s: Germany, Ft. Knox, South Korea, El Paso, Germany, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Sill. He's retired now and works as IT guy in his hometown of Pittsburgh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I just wanted to post the mangino pic. And baby mangino.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

The Oregon Ducks are a fun team to root for.  They usually have enough talent to think they could challenge USC for the Pac-10 title, only to find some fun new way to not do so.  Knee injuries to Dennis Dixon (and all sorts of other injury problems, usually to the 1,2 and 3 string QB in successive weeks), blowing 20 point 2nd half leads to Stanford at home, heart breaking soul crushing losses to the arch rival Beavers.  It is really an entertaining way to spend an autumn. :cry:

Kleves

Root for UW. They have nowhere to go but up.  :)
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

JacobL

Patriots waived QB Kevin O'Connell.
O'Connell probably won't pass through waivers unclaimed, but he's getting a dose of reality after a horrific preseason. The 94th overall pick in 2008 completed just 46% of his passes in three appearances, with a minuscule 4.1 YPA and two picks to no touchdowns. It's a breath of fresh air that New England admitted this mistake so early. Most teams would've waited for a "light" to flip on with a third-round pick. The Pats knew it wasn't happening.

Strix

Quote from: JacobL on August 30, 2009, 04:12:44 PM
O'Connell probably won't pass through waivers unclaimed, but he's getting a dose of reality after a horrific preseason. The 94th overall pick in 2008 completed just 46% of his passes in three appearances, with a minuscule 4.1 YPA and two picks to no touchdowns. It's a breath of fresh air that New England admitted this mistake so early. Most teams would've waited for a "light" to flip on with a third-round pick. The Pats knew it wasn't happening.

Be honest here. Brady's injury scared the shit out of Patriot's management. They are scrambling to find a decent back-up who may end up starting some games. O'Connell and Walter just won't cut it.

It makes me wonder just how bad Brady's shoulder got hurt.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Ed Anger

Quote from: Strix on August 30, 2009, 04:20:53 PM

Be honest here. Brady's injury scared the shit out of Patriot's management. They are scrambling to find a decent back-up who may end up starting some games. O'Connell and Walter just won't cut it.

Information minister Tim Goebbels will tell you everything is fine. The Patriots will win every Superbowl for a thousand years.

Neil

The Bengals signed their first-round bust.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on August 30, 2009, 04:20:53 PM

Ridiculous to the point of being laughable.  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on August 30, 2009, 04:28:58 PM

All the Skyline and Gold Star Chili franchises breathe a sigh of relief as that tubbo's attention turns from eating to playing poorly for the bengals.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2009, 04:55:29 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 30, 2009, 04:28:58 PM

All the Skyline and Gold Star Chili franchises breathe a sigh of relief as that tubbo's attention turns from eating to playing poorly for the bengals.
Let's be fair.  A guy who holds out that long obviously isn't all that concerned about playing.  You'll only have to worry about him for two seasons tops.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: Kleves on August 30, 2009, 03:55:08 PM
Root for UW. They have nowhere to go but up.  :)
Yeah!!!!

Oh wait, you mean the OTHER UW...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Alcibiades

Speaking of family, your niece is at Ohio state now, right monkeybutt?  Might have to tailgate last weekend of September out there. :perv:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 30, 2009, 07:43:51 PM
Speaking of family, your niece is at Ohio state now, right monkeybutt?  Might have to tailgate last weekend of September out there. :perv:
Goddaughter.  You'll be tapping his goddaughter.

Alcibiades

In which NSFW topic should I post the pictures in the backroom?   :elvis:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain