And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2009, 09:19:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2009, 08:00:35 AM
and a player that has an ounce of character.
:yeahright:

Well, I can't knock Carson on his character.  Only his durability.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2009, 09:56:06 AM
Well, I can't knock Carson on his character.  Only his durability.

I wouldn't call his durability any worse than the average starting QB.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 31, 2009, 05:02:50 PM
Why did the ravens release mcalister exactly?  :unsure:

Because everybody got tired of him biting on the same Marvin Harrison stutter step.  I mean, jeez, even my grandmother could've adjusted for coverage after a few years of getting beaten on the same play.

Also, too much money, and he pissed Harbaugh off.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2009, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 02:37:24 PM
Also, Bruschi retired.

Farewell old friend.  :cry: :cheers:

He always annoyed me with the way he spoke.  Did he have a speech impediment or something?

Stroke victims usually do.

Fuck Bruschi.  Dickhead.

derspiess

WTF is up with the Snickers NFL sponsorship.  When I saw it in Madden 10 I thought it was only in the game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2009, 08:45:48 PM
WTF is up with the Snickers NFL sponsorship.  When I saw it in Madden 10 I thought it was only in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbNQ1D6IUk
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 03, 2009, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2009, 08:45:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbNQ1D6IUk

Oh my god I loved that commercial when it first came out...that was 1997 or so I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

From the scoreboard:
GET DRAFTED BY THE CINCINNUTTI BENGALS....   BE A CHOMPIAN...   SUIT UP WITH THE CINCINNUTTI BENGALS

:bleeding:

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

The Bills just fired their offensive coordinator.

WTF? That's the third one this week isn't it? The season hasn't even started yet.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

callmeclemens

Can the jets pleae stop romancing me with 3rd string quarterbacks int the pre season, first Ratliff and now Ainge.

Ratliff Pre Season 2008
32-47  499 yds  4td 1 int

Ainge
28-49   435 yds   4tds  oint

Neil

Quote from: callmeclemens on September 04, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
Can the jets pleae stop romancing me with 3rd string quarterbacks int the pre season, first Ratliff and now Ainge.

Ratliff Pre Season 2008
32-47  499 yds  4td 1 int

Ainge
28-49   435 yds   4tds  oint
Remember that 3rd string quarterbacks play 3rd string defences.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

I'm surprised that the fact that Adam "Pacman" Jones came *this close* to signing with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers didn't get any comment in this thread.  :lol:

QuotePacman video gets bad Blue review
Players relieved they won't have 'cancer' in room
By: Ed Tait

4/09/2009 1:00 AM | Comments: 5
Print E–mail Report Error It's hardly compelling, but it's entertaining in a bizarre, train-wreck sort of way.

The video of Adam (Pacman) Jones' online chat with his fans Tuesday night, which ultimately spiked his chances of playing in the CFL, has dominated the discussion in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' clubhouse in the last couple of days. And the consensus is pretty clear: This tightly knit crew -- which said collectively they would welcome Jones with open arms when news of his possible foray north first broke -- is now positively thrilled the organization pulled the plug on Pacman wearing the Blue and Gold.

"I checked it out and I was just shaking my head the whole time I was watching it," Bomber running back Fred Reid said. "It's uncalled for, and to have it on live TV... it's inappropriate. I can understand where the coaches came from and their decision not to sign him after all. We don't need that attitude in this locker-room right now. He's talking like he's bigger than everything."

In case you missed it -- and if you did, save yourself the 44 minutes you'll never get back -- Jones' video features him first indicating he had signed in the fledgling UFL before correcting himself. But it also includes him boasting about scoring a couple TDs a game and exiting as soon as an NFL team called because he had an "out" in his contract (which doesn't exist).

Most of all, he comes across as cocky and still full of bravado -- exactly the kind of attitude that could have drawn all the wrong kinds of attention for a team that has had its challenges through a 3-5 start, but is still in position to make a run at the post-season.

"I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to go home and watch it right away," said centre Obby Khan. "I heard it's priceless. It sounds like, essentially, that video got him cut. Congratulations to Pacman for that.

"Thing is, we govern ourselves in here. We do a great job in here, more so than in the six years I've been in the league. The guys are great. There's great camaraderie, great teamwork, and everyone's friends in here. So if we were to invite a cancer in, it would be quickly expelled from the locker-room, from the body. I wasn't worried about that. Even if he did come and he was a cancer, we would have handled it."

Asked if he had watched the now-notorious video, Bomber head coach Mike Kelly said: "My eyes were burning. It's unfortunate that type of behaviour can be broadcast all around the world. It just wasn't something I thought was conducive to our football club."

Veteran linebacker Ike Charlton, a guy with NFL experience, just shook his head in disbelief when asked if he had watched Jones and his antics.

"It's a guy that doesn't understand the magnitude of the situation," he said. "It's a guy that doesn't understand what's at stake. It's a guy that doesn't care. It's a case where you had another opportunity to get another chance to play and do something you love, but you continue to draw red flags and put yourself in predicaments you can't get out of.

"He just don't understand the talent level up here. It was a dumb move by him. I can guarantee he don't have a clue about the CFL game. For him to come in here and say this is going to happen, that is going to happen... you can tell right there he don't understand how the game is played here."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/pacman-video-gets-bad-blue-review-57212997.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 12:03:14 PM
The Bills just fired their offensive coordinator.

WTF? That's the third one this week isn't it? The season hasn't even started yet.

It can't touch the sheer, palpable tension surrounding the secret Cleveland starter QB.