Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 01, 2009, 02:54:04 PM
I don't know what Fornost is.

I really need to read LOTR in English.
It's the former capital city of Arnor, the lost realm of the north.  It replaced Annuminas as capital.  It was one of the last places to fall to the Witch King during his conquest of the North Kingdom.  It was later liberated, but never really reinhabited again, as the people of Arnor were no more, other than the remnant that became the Rangers and some other minor pockets.

Does the dungeon look impressive ingame?  Lots of ruins and remnants of the splendor that was?  My only gripe with the game is the loss of the armor and architectual feel of the films, which I really grew to love.  I know it wasn't an option, as they couldn't secure the rights, but I still miss it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

I've started re-downloading the client, because I'm in a LotR mood. 8 GB, 3 hours. :bleeding:

Of course I could install from disk and patch, but I doubt that'd be faster.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Dear hod, this is taking forever to update.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

My champ and guardian are lvl 20/21 respectively, but I currently feel like re-learning the game. Best to start a new character.

I'll be Delumeril on Laurelin. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Dammit, when did they streamline the Elf n00b area like that? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 03, 2009, 12:50:03 PM
Dammit, when did they streamline the Elf n00b area like that? :unsure:
What do you mean?  I'm generally not a huge elf fan but what's happened to it all?
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 03, 2009, 01:52:39 PM
What do you mean?  I'm generally not a huge elf fan but what's happened to it all?

I recall a whole lot more running about (e.g. the Skorgrim's Blood plants you have to destroy were all on the path to the mountain top) - this time most quests were done within the same area and I was done after fifteen or so minutes.

A first look at Celondim (after the Skorgrim's Tomb instance) also has hints of more involved/streamlined quests. Ruins that were in the hands of Goblins are now populated with wolves; the area where you collect wood for wine casks has also been revamped with new NPCs/small quests. Will see how much more has been changed. But I like it so far, because it makes going through this almost like a new game. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

It's the Dwarf noob area you freaking Elf lover.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

They did that with Boook 7 syt.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

I give you Adaneol Cadanel of Gondor, lvl 39 Captain.

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

And I say: I love the outfit options - so I can display what you saw: a Mariner hauberk and Winged Elven Helm while retaining the benefits of my Westernesse Armor Suit.  :thumbsup:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2009, 06:20:06 PM
They did that with Boook 7 syt.

Thanks. :) Tells you how long I haven't played. I made LVL 9 yesterday in no time without even trying (then again, I do play a Champion) - seems they took a page out of WoW's book in that regard. ;)

I will continue with my Elf for now and maybe later re-roll my dorf guardian.

—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on May 04, 2009, 12:24:42 AM

Thanks. :) Tells you how long I haven't played. I made LVL 9 yesterday in no time without even trying (then again, I do play a Champion) - seems they took a page out of WoW's book in that regard. ;)

I will continue with my Elf for now and maybe later re-roll my dorf guardian.

yeah they made it pretty quick to hit lvl 8-9.

I need to get back on and work on my warden as that class is a lot of fun.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I looked at the class, but it seems to be neither a real tank nor a real healer, so it didn't interest me much. I like tanking, but I prefer going "full tank" for that.

I also don't like casters/crowd controllers/stealth classes, so I'm pretty limited to hunter/guardian/champion. Haven't really tried the captain yet, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould