News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

They really nerfed the n00b quests in Ered Luin. I'm almost level 16 with my Champion, didn't have to group once (Skithi Blackhand and Standing Stone, plus some Epic instances used to be group quests) and only once or twice came close to dieing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Syt

That Amon Sul screenie looks fantastic. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Faeelin

Wow. Is the place always so empty?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Faeelin on May 09, 2009, 09:50:28 AM

Yes but it's middle earth, it should be empty.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Faeelin on May 09, 2009, 09:50:28 AM

Thats funny, since the Amun Sul pic I had to shoo some people away so I could take it.

I was pretty happy to get up there right as the sun was rising.

0 rows returned

Syt

Considering that Laurelin is an RP server that's pretty full (only English RP server over in Europe, running for two years) the n00b areas are decently visited around this time of day (they're empty in the mornings). Probably people levelling alts.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Excellent shots Syt and Berkut!  Damn I need a new rig so I can play this. :(  Are those the ruins of Annúminas in the background of the Lake Evendim shot?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Btw, I still love/hate the Old Forest.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I finished Ered Luin yesterday and spent most of today travelling through the Shire. I always get caught up a bit there, because it's just so damn beautiful and invites for sightseeing.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2009, 12:48:46 PM
I finished Ered Luin yesterday and spent most of today travelling through the Shire. I always get caught up a bit there, because it's just so damn beautiful and invites for sightseeing.
I love the Shire.  I left briefly yesterday to do a hunting quest in Bree but quickly came back :)
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

So G., you left the Kin after they gave you all that stuff? :huh:

Syt

Something that bugs me a bit: I'm LVL19.

I have about 25 quests, some in Bree Land, some in the Old Forest. the Barrow Downs, some in the Shire, and I did a few quests in the Lone Lands. Since I did some of the Lone Land quests that were white for me (or a level below) relatively easily, thus causing me to level up, I'm now left with over two dozen quests that are now light blue, green, one or two even grey - which will make them a too easy walk in the park. At the same time I don't want to give up on them because of the reputation and deeds. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould