News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 25, 2009, 10:16:05 AM
Now that the weather is turning west coast beautiful, I dont spend much of my free time indoors.  I think that any meaningful playing time is largely on hold until the fall.

Yeah i logged back in to hit lvl 19 and been too busy in weeks since with working weekends and just taking advantage of the great summer weather we have been having already.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

I'm 50 at last !  Ten more levels to go !   Questing in Angmar nowadays.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Been 55 for a week now - working on deeds since after entering Moria I realised I wasn't as buff as needed.  I had disregarded the virtues but they really boost one up.  So yesterday I went to Forochel to kill hundreds (litterally) of Gauradans and Angmarims :bleeding:

This said however I finally have 2 legendary items: a Greatsword of the Third Age and a Captain's badge.  Though the upgrade system is clumsy - it's neat to see your weapon lvl up alongside you. 

Naturally the best gear comes from the raids and dungeons - which I don't do.  In fact, for my class quest I had to procure 4 items dropping from monsters in dungeons.  Naturally I chose to pay 10g for them rather than go through that aggravation.

I think for my next alt I will create it on Landroval.  I chose Brandywine at everyone' suggestion here yet none of you ever log in anymore; besides the damned server is overpopulated and laggy.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Computer games are for winter (when not skiing) or when its raining.

Grallon

The latest update (Book 8) was launched last tuesday - and we've had nothing but troubles since.  All servers have been down all day - still are as I write.  <_<

G.

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

The developers know that nobody except the real fanatics play MMOs over the summer so they are taking this opportunity to implement stuff over the slow period. :P

Grallon

I have finally reached 60!  ^_^

Here are some pictures of my character (Adaneol Caladel) in Lothlorien.

G.
-----

1) Me standing in front of the Lady's Fountain in Caras Galadhon.

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

2) Me sitting atop one of the Talan in Caras Galadhon at sunset.

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

3) Me kneeling before Galadriel in Celeborn's house.

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

4) Finally me fighting an orc on the slopes of the Misty Mountains north of Lorien.

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

Quote from: Armyknife on July 11, 2009, 08:33:10 AM

Is there any suggested order of lands to do ? 

If it's a first time I'd say go with the flow.  I'm sure there are guides out there detailing the most efficient way to power lvl as fast as possible.  But is that how you want to go through Middle-Earth ?  Take your time, read the quest texts and enjoy the ride.  Because I assure you that when you make it to Moria you'll feel as if you were back in WoW. :bleeding:

More and more the devs are steering this game towards the WoW model with radiance gear gating and raiding so that people feel the pressure to lvl as fast as possible in order to grind the same raids over and over again...  Well if that's your cup of tea go for it but if you're like me and abhor repeating the same shit over and over again you'll follow my advise.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

If anyone was waiting to upgrade to Moria, it is only $10 right now.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

And this is what I posted on the LotRO forums a few minutes ago:

QuoteWell I tried one of the crafting instances - the one for prospectors. I must say it was rather easy going through the delver mobs and their pack leader winthin the first 15 minutes of the alloted 60 minutes. I then got out and collected my coin.

And that's when it hit me: that is what I'm 'fated' to do should I choose to continue playing this game (or any other game built on the same premise). To do the same thing over and over again; collecting coins so I can get leaves which will allow me to by Lorien trinkets. And when I'm fully 'tealed' I'll be able to attempt repeating the process to collect more coins in exchange for rad gear. And once that is done I'll go on the 'hamster wheel' to try to get better and better LIs...

How utterly, dismally pointless!

It is pointless since the next expension will simply prolong the suffering... with new mobs to kill, to gain XP so you can level to the next cap where you'll start the above all over again to get the next set of *uber* gear... And all this to be able to boast: "I am better than you!".

Primate social dynamics 101...

Pathetic!

-----

I think now that I've kneeled before Galadriel herself it's time I found a new game!

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

If you want to try something new, different and without those boring grinds, come try out World of Warcraft.
Winner of THE grumbler point.