Oh wait, North Downs?

Doh, I was thinking Lone Lands.

Ah ok.  Good advice then.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 27, 2009, 03:31:19 PM
Stupid Group quests.

The problem with group quests is the people.  My tolerance for other's bullshit is very low.  Besides I work better alone.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Quote from: Grallon on April 27, 2009, 03:34:33 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 27, 2009, 03:31:19 PM
Stupid Group quests.

The problem with group quests is the people.  My tolerance for other's bullshit is very low.  Besides I work better alone.

G.

I thought Captains made a awesome solo class until I played a Hunter for a while.

Captains kick ass and then heal themselves.

Hunters just blow everything up before it gets to them. Hardest part of being a solo hunter is having to run over to the dead mob to loot it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

Actually it's 36 I hit yesterday.  But I did get my horse!  :yeah:  That is after more than a dozen tries for the final quest in that chain... :hide:

Now I'm back to above 3 gold - working towards a big house.  Which won't be in Duillond.  As much as I like the elven architecture, Duillond is simply too out of the way.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Grallon, have you done the racial deed that gets you a free port back to Bree?

Once you get that, who really cares?

Then you will have a port to micahel Delving (guild) and port to Bree (racial trait), a port to your map, and a port to Elvish lands.

0 rows returned

Sheilbh

I'm loving my game as a human captain.  Never played a human before (I'm very biased towards Hobbits) but it's really fun at the minute.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Champions and RKs cut down elite mobs so quickly, I am beginning to wonder why anyone actually needs me to keep aggro as a tank.

Richard Hakluyt

Which is why I gave up on my guardian  :(

The only time he was really useful was when there was a boss with loads of hitpoints to be tied down. The rest of the time another champ seemed to be more useful.

(There was a lot of grunmbling about this recently though, maybe a future patch will help out?)

Berkut

I think WoW went through a similar problem.

The content was pretty trivial for anyone who played the game seriously, so you never really needed to have defined "roles", since you could mostly just blow through everything by brute force.

Of course, once you got into the heroic dungeons and stuff, you had to be a LOT more careful, so you were back to traditional group roles and expectations that people could fulfill them.

So far, with my level 36 Captain, I can pretty much just blast my way through and non-elite content. I duo up with an equivalent level minstrel, and we can handle same level elites easily, 2 of them without much trouble, and 3 if we plan it out a bit.

And Captains are not even the uber FOTM class. I imagine some others could do even more.

0 rows returned

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, the problem for the guardian is the pitiful slowness of it all when he is soloing, or the lack of dps he brings to the mix when engaging in straightforward fights. This problem was solved for minstrels with the introduction of war-speech, something similar would be nice.

Mind you, my champ is at lvl43 now, so at the personal level the question has become moot.

crazy canuck

The nice thing about wardens is that I can switch of dps mode simply by selecting different gambits.  Guards have redo their traits and go with a two hander.  As a result I can cut through the solo quests very quickly without taking any damage that cant be easily self healed.

But even though Warden dps is better then Guards it is puny compared to the actual dps classes.

I am looking forward to more challeging group quests where tactics become a bit more important.

Stonewall

Fornost is one of the most fun dungeons I've ever run in any game.  Its superior to everything I've seen in WoW and everything I saw in LOTRO, not including any of the new MoM stuff (which I haven't seen)
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

Cool. I haven'[t done anything in Fornost yet.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

I don't know what Fornost is.

I really need to read LOTR in English.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.