News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Reached lvl 31 today.  I got almost broke training, then buying coal for my smithing; and finally I decided to buy a house.  It's a small house (22 hanging slots) but it's an elven house  :thumbsup:  I've authorized kin members to visit.  GF you have the run of that house (6 Waterfront Road in Duillond - next to a waterfall) and half of the house chest - but I want half of the weekly mortgage (27 silver) in exchange.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Good job G.

I am still unclear about the advantages of a house but I have heard that the deluxe houses have more storage and so I will likely wait until I can get that.  Are hanging slots where you put those trophies I get from time to time?  Does that give you any ingame bonus or is it purely decorative?

I am half way to 31.

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 10:03:37 AM
Good job G.

I am still unclear about the advantages of a house but I have heard that the deluxe houses have more storage and so I will likely wait until I can get that.  Are hanging slots where you put those trophies I get from time to time?  Does that give you any ingame bonus or is it purely decorative?

I am half way to 31.

From what I could see it's purely decorative.  And the small house is really small - it's 2 rooms.  You can hang stuff, have furniture, paint the walls and the floors, plaster the walls and the floor.  The only advantage to the house is the 50 slots chest (you can have up to 3 per house) that you can buy for 100S.

Btw when you decide to put your pride aside do ask the kinsfolk for help with the gear.  Aestheny I think, the Guild Master anyway, made an entire set of dwarven steel armor (helmet, shoulders, chestplate, leggings, gloves - all purple) - for 100 high grade iron ingots.  I threw in 30 barrow iron ingots as a tip.  Imagine how much the whole set would have cost had I needed to buyit/have it made !

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

I forgot to mention one of the neatest feature of the crafting system I found so far: you actually have a random chance to produce superior items when you are making regular stuff.  Yesterday I was crafting steel greatswords and to my surprise, once finished, I discovered I had a purple of the same type called a 'fine steel greatsword'.  The game actually recognizes you proficiency live! :thumbsup:

G.

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 20, 2009, 11:57:55 AM
I forgot to mention one of the neatest feature of the crafting system I found so far: you actually have a random chance to produce superior items when you are making regular stuff.  Yesterday I was crafting steel greatswords and to my surprise, once finished, I discovered I had a purple of the same type called a 'fine steel greatsword'.  The game actually recognizes you proficiency live! :thumbsup:

G.

Yes, that is the critical system.  Once you have mastered a particular level open up the critical tab.  It will tell you what a critical success will create and it will also tell you what item you can use to increase the chances of a critical success.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 20, 2009, 11:54:51 AM
Btw when you decide to put your pride aside do ask the kinsfolk for help with the gear.  Aestheny I think, the Guild Master anyway, made an entire set of dwarven steel armor (helmet, shoulders, chestplate, leggings, gloves - all purple) - for 100 high grade iron ingots.  I threw in 30 barrow iron ingots as a tip.  Imagine how much the whole set would have cost had I needed to buyit/have it made !

G.

Its not so much pride as the speed I have been levelling.  It doesnt make sense to ask them to go through the mats needed to create that gear when I will be out of it in a week or less.

Levelling is slowing down now so it makes more sense to ask for items at the next crafting level bump.  Which reminds me that last level bump was 27, when is the next minimum level for crafting items?

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 12:08:20 PM

Which reminds me that last level bump was 27, when is the next minimum level for crafting items?

Next minimum lvl ?  I'm not sure I'm following you.  I'm proficient expert weaponsmith - working towards master expert - but the speed depends entirely on the mats I have available to work with.

Anyhow the set of armor I spoke about is good enough to last me in my 40s.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

31 is the next break point level for items.

I was going to get a full set of new armor for my Captain at 31, but by that time I had enough good stuff from quest rewards and drops in Garth Argawen that I didn't really need anything enough to justify it.

Just make sure you always have a very good weapon.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Thanks Berk, I am in the perfect position then to ask for some stuff - I will probably hit 31 in the next couple days.

I finally have my first purple weapon so I am good on that now.  It is the one thing that I always try to upgrade if possible with quest reward when the option presents itself.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 20, 2009, 12:48:02 PM
Next minimum lvl ?  I'm not sure I'm following you.

In the crafting system there are various tiers of items that correspond to minimum level requirements.  I think they go 16, 21, 27 and now Berkut has told me 31.

So for example if you are level 29 it doesnt make sense to get somebody to craft level 27 purple items for you since you will soon be able to wear the level 31 items they can make.

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 01:25:33 PM

So for example if you are level 29 it doesnt make sense to get somebody to craft level 27 purple items for you since you will soon be able to wear the level 31 items they can make.

I see.  Well here's what I got:  http://www.northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/Heavy/Dwarf-Iron/dwarf-iron.htm

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

That is some seriously kick-ass armor. I want some!

0 rows returned

Berkut

That is a really awesome site in general grallon. Great crafting info all in one place.

0 rows returned

Grallon

Quote from: Berkut on April 20, 2009, 01:56:58 PM

Ask the boss.

Btw, these outfits we can buy - are we supposed to put them on top of the armor and switch the view of the armor off ?

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Quote from: Grallon on April 20, 2009, 03:16:44 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 20, 2009, 01:56:58 PM

Ask the boss.

Btw, these outfits we can buy - are we supposed to put them on top of the armor and switch the view of the armor off ?

G.

In your character screen, you will see some tabs along the equipment view. You can configure two outfits that you can elect to "show" instead of whatever equipment you are actually wearing.

0 rows returned