News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2009, 06:33:17 PM
Grallon & CC are both already above 30 hovering close to 35.

Myself, I'm slow & only 26.

Yeah I know they are up to 30's as both passed me, but they weren't on that much when i was so never got to team up with them.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 26, 2009, 04:41:48 PM
Just got a free trial while Turbine sort out the problem with me actually using my paid for downloaded edition <_<

Logging on to Brandywine for the first time :o

Wonderful!  :hug:

what are you and what's your name ?

-----

I turned 37 today and I'm badgering our guild leader for this:

http://northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/Heavy/Westernesse/Westernesse.htm

I'm in Evendim - love it !  However the number of group quests I've put on the backburner is growing...  Lone Lands, North Downs, Garth Agarwen... pfff

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

You might as well ditch the North Downs ones.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on April 26, 2009, 08:54:11 PM

G.

It's like WoW, he's an euro, it's a different Brandywine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2009, 05:10:14 PM
Berkut and his 12 alts.
CC and his 3 alts
Grallon
Grey Fox
Lemonjello

I feel like I'm missing someone but that's pretty much it, Katmai hasn't logged in in weeks, too busy playing Eve.

so, the answer is Berkut, Grallong, CC, Lemonjello, and you?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grallon on April 26, 2009, 08:54:11 PM

I've a human captain, which is a class I've never played before and I'll have a hobbit hunter because, from a previous trial, I really like them.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2009, 10:33:16 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2009, 05:10:14 PM
Berkut and his 12 alts.
CC and his 3 alts
Grallon
Grey Fox
Lemonjello

I feel like I'm missing someone but that's pretty much it, Katmai hasn't logged in in weeks, too busy playing Eve.

so, the answer is Berkut, Grallong, CC, Lemonjello, and you?

Yes
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Holy Crap Grallon you are really moving fast.  You must have played the whole day yesterday.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2009, 08:56:30 PM

Why?  There is no trouble finding groups for them and as Richard pointed out, while waiting you can lot up on materials for crafting.

I had an amazing group going on the weekend.  Guardian, 2 Wardens, Mini, Champion and RK.  The tanks picked everything up while the Champ and RK burned through them.  The Mini had very little to do most of the time.  We went through a bunch of Group Quests like a hot knife through butter.  It was great.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2009, 01:45:07 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2009, 08:56:30 PM

Why?  There is no trouble finding groups for them and as Richard pointed out, while waiting you can lot up on materials for crafting.

I had an amazing group going on the weekend.  Guardian, 2 Wardens, Mini, Champion and RK.  The tanks picked everything up while the Champ and RK burned through them.  The Mini had very little to do most of the time.  We went through a bunch of Group Quests like a hot knife through butter.  It was great.

Becuase he is level 37 and they are almost certainly all grey to him with useless rewards.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 27, 2009, 01:50:26 PM
Becuase he is level 37 and they are almost certainly all grey to him with useless rewards.

Dont think so.  I am 33 or 34 and I still have yellow group quests there.  Remember the North Downs covers a very large area.  The area to the East and South East of Est... whatever the name is, is designed for low to mid 30s.  Are you thinking only about the area north of Trestlebridge?

Richard Hakluyt

The stuff in Dol Dinen is likely light blue or even dark blue for level 37s. My main is lvl42 now and there are still green quests for him to do in the North Downs (which I don't do as I'm only calling in for the superior workbenches and jeweller's guild stuff).

Berkut

Oh wait, North Downs?

Doh, I was thinking Lone Lands.

Yeah, I have tons of colored quests in North Downs still. In fact, it never seems to stop.

I have some HARD group quests in fact. The ones that send you down into the orc camps to the southeast of Estelidin are no joke.

0 rows returned

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2009, 10:22:10 AM
Holy Crap Grallon you are really moving fast.  You must have played the whole day yesterday.

Yes and all day saturday.  Same pattern I had with WoW.  I burned out on WoW after 6 months straight.  Incidently I have renewed my subscription to profit from the 10$/month - for 6 months.  If I still wish to play after that I'll go for the lifetime membership.

As for the XP accrual, I use the Destiny points, for 250 (and I have 5500 accumulated so far) you get a bonus XP for 30 min I think.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

I keep thinking I should use destiny points but I always forget about it. 

Good idea.

Btw dont burn out levelling to 60. Take your time and enjoy it.  If this is like other MMOs there is a whole new game to play once you hit max level.