And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

21 now and none of the group quests in the Great Barrow are done.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 09:38:10 AM
In contrast, I don't think I've ever completely run the Great Barrows with a group that did not have 1 person at a much higher level, like 30.

It's possible with low to mid 20s...but things can get out of hand and go disastrously wrong very fast.

I haven't played this since before the expansion, maybe will start again.  Need to look in to what the expansion brought though, I was in early 40s before and got bored due to the difficulty of finding groups.  It was getting very difficult to put together an appropriate level group for specific quests.

crazy canuck

My warden Helianth is just about 27.

Can anyone make me an amazing one handed sword, spear or club and if so what mats do you need?

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2009, 10:30:10 AM
My warden Helianth is just about 27.

Can anyone make me an amazing one handed sword, spear or club and if so what mats do you need?

Define amazing.   I'm an expert armorer.  I'm also a woodworker but I haven't bothered working to get this skill up.
I can work godorian steel (20-55 damage - 12-18 dps) and will soon begin my artisan training (drwarven and numenorean steel works). 

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Image:Gondorian_sword_toss.jpg

The only thing I would need, if you want that - is a polished saphire.  The rest of the ingredients I have and it's good practice.

Other than that, I'd suggest the AH :)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 14, 2009, 11:28:23 AM

Define amazing.

Something in purple. :)  The sword you can is not much better then the one I have and is about the same as the weapon I will be getting when I finish my next quest.

I dont know if crafters at this level can do much better though.

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2009, 12:21:51 PM

Something in purple. :)  The sword you can is not much better then the one I have and is about the same as the weapon I will be getting when I finish my next quest.

Perhaps you can ask someone in the kinship who's high enough.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 14, 2009, 01:51:12 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2009, 12:21:51 PM

Perhaps you can ask someone in the kinship who's high enough.

G.

Its a bit of an odd group.  They appear to be very generous in giving stuff out to the 40+ crowd but I think they see us as just more alts.

Berkut

I don't think that is the case at all - they've been very generous with me. You jsut ahve to actually participate and socialize.

Chat and stuff. Ask about what is available in the kin chests, for starters.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2009, 02:43:21 PM
I don't think that is the case at all - they've been very generous with me. You jsut ahve to actually participate and socialize.

Not my experience.  Most times when I chime in I get a lot of crickets.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2009, 02:59:05 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2009, 02:43:21 PM

Not my experience.  Most times when I chime in I get a lot of crickets.

You have to talk more, say hi often when people log in. At some point they'll recognize your name & answer back.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Here CC,  last night I was given the following:

http://loreimages.level3.lotro.com/wiki/Image:Mirrored_gondorian_greatsword_toss.jpg

It was made by a kin mate once I provided the mats, free of charge.

Look for Thoi and tell him Adaneol refered you to him.  ;)

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Damn grallon, you are flying!

I just hit 35 and did the horse delivery quests for my mount.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Dude's on drugs or something.

I made 23. Now we can go to GB.

Grallon

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 09:41:01 AM
Damn grallon, you are flying!

I just hit 35 and did the horse delivery quests for my mount.

Remember I don't have a life other than working  :D

So we can't get horses before lvl 35 ?  Good, I'm saving up for a large house and decorations and the horse.  I figure 10G should do it.  I have 3 so far.

Of course if GF wants to share a house with me ... :boff:

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox