Berkut

Is anyone else a total Deed whore?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 23, 2009, 09:39:09 AM
Is anyone else a total Deed whore?

I concentrate on the ones I know I will use.  I ignore the ones that I wouldnt equip.

crazy canuck

I hit 31 last night as I finished the call to Dwarves, men and elves quests.

Tonight I will have to find a hunter to port me to Rivendale or take a long walk.

Berkut

Yeah, that long walk to Rivendale is...long.

But kind of fun. I love the exploration part of this game, and do not at all mind just wandering around looking at shit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

I'm stuck with the Epic Quest line - haven't completed C6 of Book 1 (Gaunt-Lord in the Red Bride quest chain).  There's apparently never anyone doing it when I'm on.  I don't mind dropping regular group quests but the main epic chain that's another story.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Richard Hakluyt

That book 2 is a bit of a nuisance, whereas it is always very easy to get people for book 3. The problem, I think, is that people only spend a very small amount of their time in the Lonelands when they are ready for book 2. Whereas the North Downs holds people for a long while. So the pool of relevant players in situ is far higher for 3 than 2 when you put a LFF call out.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 24, 2009, 10:22:20 AM
That book 2 is a bit of a nuisance, whereas it is always very easy to get people for book 3. The problem, I think, is that people only spend a very small amount of their time in the Lonelands when they are ready for book 2. Whereas the North Downs holds people for a long while. So the pool of relevant players in situ is far higher for 3 than 2 when you put a LFF call out.

Yep, its the only design flaw of note I have seen so far.   There are a lot of group quests to do in the Lone lands area but few people to do them with because everyone in that level range spends most of their time in the North Downs.

Grey Fox

Since LOTRO turned 2 today, there's another free week going on with it's mandatory 25% boost to XP.

Also, I suggest everyone not a lifetime member to change his subs plan to the new 9.99$ a month that is avalaible for a limited time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

Another cause, now I think about it, is that the Lonelands is also very poor for resource gathering; whereas the North Downs is very rich in resources. So, again, people tooling about with time on their hands will favour the ND over the Lonelands.

Sheilbh

Just got a free trial while Turbine sort out the problem with me actually using my paid for downloaded edition <_<

Logging on to Brandywine for the first time :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

So how many languishites are actually playing this?

I'm tempted to rejoin - the only reason I left was that everyone else had stopped playing on Brandywine at the time.  :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Berkut and his 12 alts.
CC and his 3 alts
Grallon
Grey Fox
Lemonjello

I feel like I'm missing someone but that's pretty much it, Katmai hasn't logged in in weeks, too busy playing Eve.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2009, 05:10:14 PM

I feel like I'm missing someone but that's pretty much it, Katmai hasn't logged in in weeks, too busy playing Eve.

Yep i kept logging in and only saw Berkut on, so my warden is sitting at lvl 18 all by herself :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Grallon & CC are both already above 30 hovering close to 35.

Myself, I'm slow & only 26.