Recommend Me Some PC Gaming Classics Of The Last 4 Years.

Started by mongers, August 22, 2012, 07:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2012, 09:26:44 PM
Hey man, that's a WW1 Belgian bicycle unit.  Doesn't get much more old school than that!

:thumbsup:

In that case find one for those nifty Swiss cycle battalions that had up until like 1995, bound to be one in some cold war game somewhere.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 22, 2012, 09:38:03 PM
Hey Mongers, do you play any RPGs?  There are some decent ones that came out in the last four years.

Yes Raz, I'll have to look into that, I used to find some RPG used ok.

Razgovory

I haven't played Skyrim yet but I really like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.  Fallout: New Vegas is essentially an expanded and improved Fallout 3.  I imagine Fallout 3 would be dull if you played Fallout New Vegas first.  Dragon Age came out with in the last four years ( I think), and it was pretty good, it's an attempt to capture the spirit of games like Balder's Gate.  Haven't tried the sequel heard it was mediocre.  Legend of Grimrock came out last year and I've heard was good and I own it but have yet to play it.  Suppose to be like the old school RPGs like Eye of the Beholder.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 22, 2012, 10:30:07 PM
I haven't played Skyrim yet but I really like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.  Fallout: New Vegas is essentially an expanded and improved Fallout 3.  I imagine Fallout 3 would be dull if you played Fallout New Vegas first.  Dragon Age came out with in the last four years ( I think), and it was pretty good, it's an attempt to capture the spirit of games like Balder's Gate.  Haven't tried the sequel heard it was mediocre.  Legend of Grimrock came out last year and I've heard was good and I own it but have yet to play it.  Suppose to be like the old school RPGs like Eye of the Beholder.

:cheers:

I liked EOB.   :)

Razgovory

Well Grimrock is cheap.  You can get it at GOG.com (used to be Good old games), for 15 bucks.  I got it for half that on a Steam sale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017