And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight The Movie

Started by Siege, July 28, 2009, 12:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on July 28, 2009, 10:19:32 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 28, 2009, 10:13:09 AM
same premise as every vampire movie: they don't have a beating heart, but they're not cold&rigid to the touch.  So, they're not really fucking a dead person.
Probably not rigid as they are able to move and they must be using that blood for something, but cold yes, there's no biological process to produce heat. Also I imagine they'd decay a little every time they miss a meal, so in all not very appealing.

Next question, if he has no pulse, how does he get it up?

Also, please fix that quote.

Viking's first rule of Literature

"Applying logic to supernatural phenomena makes for poor literature."
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Quote from: Viking on July 28, 2009, 10:23:02 AM

I thought that was what we were doing in this thread.

Drakken

I almost went to the bathroom to puke, but sadly I was forcibly made to watch that movie by the female pack around me. I'd rather play "Plumbers wear no ties" on 3D0 while eating my snorted boogers than watch this again.  <_<

My first thought was that I was witnessing a festival of non-communication. Characters were talking to each other, yeah, but there were nothing communicated. In fact, I felt like it was a haphazard smorsgasbord of nothing. And it bothered me beyond belief.

And Bella, what is her problem? Yeah, she is supposed to be a teenage girl, but she was annoying beyond belief. And the guy is a vampire? What about... RUN LIKE HELL?!

A truly horrendous film. The clock was more interesting.

Caliga

Also I'm confused as to why chicks think that dude is so hot.  He looks completely ordinary to me.

It is just that Hollywood decides someone is going to be promoted as 'hot' and the masses just think what they're told to think?  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Drakken

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 10:32:39 AM
Also I'm confused as to why chicks think that dude is so hot.  He looks completely ordinary to me.

It is just that Hollywood decides someone is going to be promoted as 'hot' and the masses just think what they're told to think?  :huh:

Yes. Put someone's face on people magazines, them the readers he is sexy, and a LARGE segment of fickle women will dig that guy as hawt.  :blush:

However, I must admit, the vampire chicks in the movie are rather hot.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on July 28, 2009, 10:28:46 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 28, 2009, 10:23:02 AM

I thought that was what we were doing in this thread.

Well, Twilight's overcast attempt at logic does prove my point.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 10:32:39 AM

Figuring out what makes some dudes hot is tough.  Some guys are obviously really good looking and I sorta wish I looked like them...but then there are these other guys who girls drool over and I just don't get it.

QuoteIt is just that Hollywood decides someone is going to be promoted as 'hot' and the masses just think what they're told to think?

Hehe Rupert Grint.  WTF?  The Estrogen Brigade really has me scratching my head on that one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2009, 10:36:22 AM
Figuring out what makes some dudes hot is tough.  Some guys are obviously really good looking and I sorta wish I looked like them...but then there are these other guys who girls drool over and I just don't get it.
Yes.
Category A: Brad Pitt.
Category B: Tom Cruise.  :huh:

Drakken

Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2009, 12:25:51 AM
Ok, can somebody explain to me why that guy doesn't bite and make that chick into a vampire?

It doesn't make any sense.

That's exactly the question I asked myself when I first watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and that Buffy had the hots for a fucking vampire, you know, the thing she is supposed to kill by habit?

But of course, Angel has a human soul. Sure, whatever.  Annoying trope. :bleeding:

It's like if Siege discovered that the girl of his dreams was the Irma Grese Ilse-shewolf of the SS type, member of the Aryan Nation, with Nazi tattoos on her sexy Playmate-body, and he'd say, "fuck I love this girl. She still has a human heart".   :huh:

Viking

Quote from: Drakken on July 28, 2009, 10:40:41 AM
Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2009, 12:25:51 AM
Ok, can somebody explain to me why that guy doesn't bite and make that chick into a vampire?

It doesn't make any sense.

That's exactly the question I asked myself when I first watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and that Buffy had the hots for a fucking vampire, you know, the thing she is supposed to kill by habit?

But of course, Angel has a human soul. Sure, whatever.  Annoying trope. :bleeding:

It's like if Siege discovered that the girl of his dreams was the Irma Grese Ilse-shewolf of the SS type, member of the Aryan Nation, with Nazi tattoos on her sexy Playmate-body, and he'd say, "fuck I love this girl. She still has a human heart".   :huh:

It has a human heart too.

Caliga

:yes: I always Hated Buffy for this exact reason.  Princesca of course loved the show because it featured 'powerful women'.... the same reason she still won't allow herself to dislike Sarah Palin. :bleeding:

Drakken

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 10:44:20 AM
:yes: I always Hated Buffy for this exact reason.  Princesca of course loved the show because it featured 'powerful women'.... the same reason she still won't allow herself to dislike Sarah Palin. :bleeding:

She resigned. She isn't powerful anymore. Dislike ahoy!

Truth be told, the only reason I watched Buffy was because of Xander. And Faith. :perv:

garbon

I saw this movie in theaters while drunk. Vampires in sun = body glitter made so much sense!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 10:44:20 AM

Wait so if Adolf Hitler was a woman she would love her simply for her vagina?  Doesn't she want women with power to actually, you know, do things with it she likes?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I have to admit I enjoyed it whenever Charisma Carpenter (don't know her character name, don't care) and Anya got screen time. :perv: